Sign in to follow this  
"Slick"

58th Wildcards, 366TFW,12TFS Squad-mates

Looking for my old squad-mates from former Jane's FA squads...

58th "Wildcards"

366TFW

12TFS

1997-98

Where are you guys?

"Slick"

I flew with the 58th in Falcon 4 a few,well actually more than a few,years ago. would have been nice to talk to other squads with same designation different sim. :victory:

Yeah, I guess we're dating ourselves...

I went from Jane's USNF to Janes's FA and USAF and finally called it quits flying Falcon 4.

Once I get back in the groove I'll look into HL

Regards,

"Slick"

Yeah, I guess we're dating ourselves...

I went from Jane's USNF to Janes's FA and USAF and finally called it quits flying Falcon 4.

Once I get back in the groove I'll look into HL

Regards,

"Slick"

I may still have BountyHuntR-58th and Dagger from the 366th on my icq list, don't know if they still use their old accounts though.

<S> Slick

IF I'm not mistaken, the 87FIS branched out from the 12TFS after FA and had a long "career" in USAF for about 3-4 years. 87FIS was formed by Night, Hunter, Razor, Giant, Raider, and a couple others I think but can't recall off hand. I was the XO under Hunter for about 3 years after Night retired.

The 87FIS guys are kind of still around with some flying Lomac or playing AAO, but there's not much organization anymore.

<S> Colonel Weasel_87FIS (ret)

http://combatflightsim.net/index.shtml

Electra-

BH gave me my first lessons in o/l ACM (when JOGC first started), He's a GREAT guy (and was a helluva FA pilot). I messaged Dagger last-year (another GREAT flyer and friend).

If you knew BH and Dagger I'm sure that we've met somewhere in the virtual air?

<S> Col. Weasel-

'pleasure to make your acquaintance! 'had some great missions with Night, Hunter, and Razor (Raider and Giant were relatively new to the squad when I retired.).

The 366th and the 12TFS produced some of the finest (v) pilots (in both ability and honor) on the net!

Regards!

Slick

Electra-

BH gave me my first lessons in o/l ACM (when JOGC first started), He's a GREAT guy (and was a helluva FA pilot).  I messaged Dagger last-year (another GREAT flyer and friend).

If you knew BH and Dagger I'm sure that we've met somewhere in the virtual air?

<S> Col. Weasel-

'pleasure to make your acquaintance!  'had some great missions with Night, Hunter, and Razor (Raider and Giant were relatively new to the squad when I retired.).

The 366th and the 12TFS produced some of the finest (v) pilots (in both ability and honor) on the net!

Regards!

Slick

yep, BH showed me the ACM ropes too when I first got started. He was a great pilot indeed. When we first started flying, he had left the the 58th and was in VCW. My old JOGC/JCN callsign was Gringa.

I remember your JOGC callsign Electra (I was "Slick_366th") I recruited Steve (BH) into the 58th when I was their FTO. I left the 58th to form a more "technically accurate" squadron (the 366th) and Steve stayed on with the 58th until he got sick of the squad politics and left for the VCW.

Are you flying o/l now? if so where is the best lobby? I've been out of it for awhile and I'm considering getting back in. Are there any good squads recruiting geriatric pilots?

-S-

"Slick"

I remember your JOGC callsign Electra (I was "Slick_366th") I recruited Steve (BH) into the 58th when I was their FTO.  I left the 58th to form a more "technically accurate" squadron (the 366th) and Steve stayed on with the 58th until he got sick of the squad politics and left for the VCW.

Are you flying o/l now? if so where is the best lobby?  I've been out of it for awhile and I'm considering getting back in.  Are there any good squads recruiting geriatric pilots?

-S-

"Slick"

IL-2 and LOMAC are the busiest lobbies. There are a ton of squads running around there too, I haven't looked to join any and just fly from time to time. The pilots these days in HL don't seem to have the same sense of camraderie that the old Janes sites had. It's just a bunch of whining and complaining most times.

Guest Methusela_667th

You could swing by our site if you are looking for a unit ... we are a bunch a geriatrics in the main :blink: we play a variety of sims and have a solid core of members (although we dont frequently HL or any other lobby)

667th Black Knights