duke_sc

Attempting to get Korean Air War working

I've just installed this over WOE. Followed the instructions and what I've got is all the mission pages are fine, the loadout pages fine, aircraft fine, but when I fly a mission there is no target to destroy on the ground. Enemy aircraft appear okay but no ground targets to hit - although I do get the red square where it should be. The one part of the instructions I didn't get was about renaming the .cat file. If anyone still reads this board and knows where I'm going wrong, I'd be much obliged for a few pointers.

Thanks

There is a ground objects pack by Wrench in SF2 downloads section KAW ground objects or something like that.Find it and install. :biggrin:

duke_sc,

To fix your CatFile you need to point your Terrain CatFile= line to GermanyCE.cat since you loaded this install over WoE.

Go into your Korea install Terrain Folder and then into your Korea folder. Find your Korea.ini file and save a copy of it.

Open your Korea.ini file and make sure your CatFile= line is like the example below:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Korea

DataFile=korea_data.INI

TargetFile=korea_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=korea_types.INI

MovementFile=korea_movement.INI

NationsFile=korea_nations.INI

BriefingText=korea_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=korea_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat <<<<<<<< Like this.

Let me know if this works.

moved to a more correct Forum

PLEASE!! don't post in the KB!!!

======================================

Edited by Wrench

There is a ground objects pack by Wrench in SF2 downloads section KAW ground objects or something like that.Find it and install. :biggrin:

Would it be:

SF2 KAW Misc Items Pak

??

And is it ok to install SF2 stuff into a WOE 1 modded with KAW?

Thanks

moved to a more correct Forum

PLEASE!! don't post in the KB!!!

======================================

Apologies. I'm very much new around the forum and didn't realise I'd posted in the wrong place.

duke_sc,

To fix your CatFile you need to point your Terrain CatFile= line to GermanyCE.cat since you loaded this install over WoE.

Go into your Korea install Terrain Folder and then into your Korea folder. Find your Korea.ini file and save a copy of it.

Open your Korea.ini file and make sure your CatFile= line is like the example below:

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Korea

DataFile=korea_data.INI

TargetFile=korea_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=korea_types.INI

MovementFile=korea_movement.INI

NationsFile=korea_nations.INI

BriefingText=korea_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=korea_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat <<<<<<<< Like this.

Let me know if this works.

I've changed it as per your instructions. Not sure if it worked.. first mission was to destroy ammo dump, but the target looked more like a block of flats?

no

the SF2 KAW is SPECIFICALLY designed for SF2, in particular, with SF2NA as the "base" to create the install from

it is not designed for 1stGen in any way, shape or from

sorry

I'm sorry Thought you were talking about Sf2.Need to specify since we still have Two supported versions.Welcome to the site! :biggrin:

Hi again,

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah I should have been more specific about the version. To be honest I don't think sf2 or any of the other '2' theaters would run well on my pc. I've only got a 2ghz core 2 duo with 2gb ram and with WOV set at maximum settings (after modding) it starts to get a wee bit like a slide show. And that's with a half decent hd6750 1gb. I'm quite happy with the graphics and stuff of the older ones, it's just that i'm addicted to adding stuff - especially new theaters of operation :)

@usafphantom2 So, will the instructions for the cat file not work any magic in my version of KAW? I tried an anti ship mission last night and there turned out to be three ships waiting - encouraging? Or will the ground missions still not work?

cheers,

I would ReRead your install instructions from your terrain readme file It should tell you what you need to get going and check the SF1 downloads section there may be some add-on's there.Good luck and ask if you keep running into problems.