Hi everyone.

After my extended leave after catching a blighty, I'm back flying again and my pilot, Captain Justin Case of RFC 56, has just been awarded the VC :salute: .

I couldn't be happier......well, I could but we won't go into that :seks:

Ahem.....carry on chaps.

Ahem... - yes, you are obviously QUITE happy! Welcome back, Tranquillo,

and good luck in the air and in bed on the ground!

Welcome back Tranquilo. I took a long leave of absence as well a while back as I moved, then didn't have internet, etc. It refreshes the soul and reinvigorates the passion for OFF I find. Congrats on the VC!

Edited by Shiloh

Feels like it's been a long time since I saw you around here. Great to have you back, Tranquilo!

Feels like it's been a long time since I saw you around here. Great to have you back, Tranquilo!

Sorry, I was offline for a few days.

It's great to be back, Javito.

And another country heard from! Great to see you are still up and about tranquillo, I hope life has been treating you well Sir.

And another country heard from! Great to see you are still up and about tranquillo, I hope life has been treating you well Sir.

Thanks, Lou. After a minor setback early in the year life is, once again, treating me well. I hope the same fo you.

Life is good Paul, very good. Now, if I could just retire early it would be grand. :smile:

Life is good Paul, very good. Now, if I could just retire early it would be grand. :smile:

Yes, good luck with that one, Steve. I've been trying for early retirement for the last 35 years but then I did have a "pretirement" several years ago when I went walkabout for a year.

Ooooooo, a yearlong walkabout. I want to do one of those. Perhaps in New Zealand, around Wellington and Masterton would be quite nice I think. :grin:

6 months of it was travelling around Europe, Asia, and India in an old London double-decker bus. I agree, New Zealand would be nice.

I tramped around Europe quite a bit back in the mid-1970s. Never been to Asia or India though. And those two towns I mentioned in NZ are of particular interest as that is where The Vintage Aviator have their workshops and aerodrome, respectively.

Okay, if we tramp, I may be able to afford it - I come with you, gents!

Oh,errh - wait - can one tramp with ships? must we stand on some wet rock outside a harbour,

until a leaving ship will take us up? I feel too old for that sort of thing...

Lou, I just realise you got rid of Mr.Greasesmile - your new avatar looks great from an artist's point of view!

Well chosen, Sir! Who painted it?

Edited by Olham

Thanks Olham, the original artwork is from a French advertising card printed shortly before WWI. I love the stance of the three French Army officers and you can just imagine what they are thinking as they look upon the shape of things to come.