Wrench

WW2 Europe Terrain for SF2 (aka: EAW Euro)

- For SF2, Any & All (*Full-4/5 Merged Reccomended*)

This is a rebuild of the WW2 EAW Europe map. It has extensive retargeting and retiling (read: new tiles created, albeit in the original "BN series") In essence, approximatley 98.6% of the terrain and targeting has been revised in some fashion.

It has been brought (as much as possible) up to SF2 standards, at the July 2012 patch level. There are, however, some height field issuses that are unresolvable; so End Users ™ are advised to ignore them. All airfield inis, while retaining them original name, have been brought to the most recent patch level, and will generate parked aircraft.

If you have the original version, or any of my updated versions, it's suggested you move THAT terrain sub-folder to a storage section, rename it, or delete it from your WW2 ETO mods folder. This version =WILL= completly replace it. In MUCH greater detail...

This is a fairly large map, covering Western Europe from the German/Polish border in the east to the Irish Sea in the west, and a far north as York in the UK, and the Bay of Biscay/Alps in the south (including Bordeaux). Several target areas in the farthest S/E region (south of the Italian Alps) have been removed for playability. As can ALWAYS be expected, there =ARE= Easter Eggs scattered across the map.

This map makes use of =BOTH= the LimitedNations and AllowedMission statements. There are =NO= CAS or other Ground Attack mission tasking, other than Armed Recon and Anti-Shipping. Strike, of course, for the bombers, remains (exceedingly!) valid. Armed Recon mission are constrained to within approximately 100km of the coastlines (more or less) for BOTH sides.

*Geophysical Disclaimer: some rivers and other water features may not follow their Real Life ™ courses, or be placed in their Real Life ™ locations. Several cities and other physical features (mountains, vallies, coastlines, forests, roads, etc) may also fall into this classification; Some populated places may exist only as "named places" on the map. This was done for historical reasons. Many airfields/airports, some of historical significance, may also be not existant or placed in the Real Life ™ locations due to tiling constraints.*

When in-game, you'll see "Europe, WWII" on the terrain selection dropdown window.

Some GroundObjects are included (ships mostly); these are the same ones that are in the recently released ETO/MTO Ships pak. When installing, just allow the Overwrite.

It's reccomended you unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for it's instructions. It's reccomended you read the document through after unzipping, but =BEFORE= installing.

As always, the Notes and Other Nonesense section may make for entertaining reading.

Please also read the New Standard Usage Discalimer, as it's been changed slightly to reflect changes in my policy. It's listed at the bottom, in the Legal Statement Section, with the URL back to the CA post.

Good Hunting!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Any Dams to bust in the Ruhr valley? :biggrin: hee hee.

Edited by usafphantom2

I was just looking at that yesturday ... I know EXACTLY where they'd go. But, due to the screwy height field, and no Upkeep bomb (and the fact you can't 'skip' a bomb -on land or water-) chose not to add them. And dams are somewhat difficult to place (read: KAW terrain)

sounds like somebody else got this month's edition of "Aviation History" magazine... :biggrin:

Something I forgot in the readme

for the "major Easter Egg", a screenshot MUST be posted of it, when found. In either the WW2 screenie thread, or the regular SF2 screenie thread (preferably both forums!)

Huge release, Wrench.

The WWII stuff is coming along nicely. We got fighters. We got bombers. We got tanks. And now we have a proper ETO terrain.

Thanks.

PS Maybe I'll map out a campaign when the kids move out. (~18 years from now)

Yeah I did,But thought that would always be a fun mission.Well maybe I can go blow up Gestopo HQ in Holland with a Mosquito.Or hunt V1&V2 sites.

Very nice! Might have to schedule some time to check this all out..........!!

Yeah I did,But thought that would always be a fun mission.Well maybe I can go blow up Gestopo HQ in Holland with a Mosquito.Or hunt V1&V2 sites.

Hmm, not really Gestapo HQ's in Holland. There was a municipal building containing the Population Registry, right in front of the Peace Palace in the Hague, lived within walking distance from it. Saw a beautiful briefing model from it in the Imperial War Museum in London. Mosquito's were used allright....Plenty of V2 activity in nearby Wassenaar, not really sites as they were mobile (in fact I'm leaving now to walk with my dogs in a wood where launchings took place, as well through quite a crater where one of 'em exploded after a failed launching... :blackeye: ) but the operations were mainly by fighter bombers (P47, Typhoons and Spitfires)

AFAIK the Gestapo was attacked in Copenhagen and the prison near Amiens in those low level Mosquito raids, and Typhoons where used in a raid against an SD (Sicherheitsdienst)building in Amsterdam, quite near to my office......

History starts right on your doorstep......

Edited by Derk

What does the announcement -the very first post- say???

What does the announcement -the very first post- say???

You're right ..... sorry for this!!!!  blush2.gif.pagespeed.ce.FfsTJsX8hN.gif

Am I the only one to have this strange water effect with sun reflection? It looks like "close" tiles are not reflecting.

I only added sarcasm1.4, it happes also with default environment ini.

Also water is not animated

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Edited by Canadair