Was it the WW2 version and was modded to have angled deck or was it modern version Initially and if so how hard to lose that angled deck to have WW2 version?If WW2 version was original what happened to it?Hope somebdy remembers.Thanks! The chicken or the egg.

Edited by usafphantom2

the WW2 version (as in "Sink the Bismark") was sunk 1941

so, post war is new build

Ark Royal R09 was commissioned in 1955:

wiki:

Ark Royal was the first ship to be constructed with an angled flight deck and steam catapults, as opposed to having them added after launching

Is it possible to remove the angled deck from post-war R09 to create the WW2 Version? I really want one can ya tell? :biggrin:

nope

'remove component trick' dosen't work on groun dobjects ... I've alredy tried

in essence, a complety NEW model would be needed

Ark Royal (91) was a unique ship - nothing like the post war one - the best model to use is the old Eagle Straight deck model from the carrier pack which has model men on the deck - I probably wont get round to doing the korean war and WW2 era for a while yet.