Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

odd load failure

Hi all,

I'm getting back around to playing OFF again after a hiatus, and am having an odd loading issue. I get all the way to the black screen w Richtoffen and Ball right before the mission loads, but it never loads, and when I exit out I have this error window on the screen:

End tag 'Unlimited pilots' does not match the start tag 'CFS3Pilot'.

Error on line 673,position 3 in file:c; documents and settings etc etc all the way to cfsww1 over flanders fields/UnlimitedPilots.xml.

Anybody got any idea what the heck this means? Oddly enough the game has worked fine the past two days I've used it. This is new, and I'd hate to have to delete all my old pilots to fix, but anyway. If anyone has some ideas I'd much appreciate it.

Many thanks,

ZZ.

OFF Manager often corrupts the UnlimitedPilots.xml file. Basic things like deleting pilots can cause problems. Fortunately, my OFFput pilot undertaker can rebuild the XML files and restore your pilots to functionality. It is included in the OFFice incomparable campaign engine. Just run OFFbase, and it may detect and call OFFput to repair the problem automatically. To repair manually, once you're in the main OFFbase squadron window, click the OFFramp button to run the mod manager and you'll see the OFFput page on the left.

Edited by Lothar of the Hill People

Hey thanks Lothar, I will give it a whirl. By the way, is there a way to switch your "Office" mod on and off, for instance if you want to play OFF with the immersive campaign mode one day, and then without the next? Just curious. If not, to accomplish this, would this require two seperate installations or something akin to that?

ZZ.

A question or two. Sorry for being so thick about this. So if you want to play OFF the regular version, you just go in the regular way through the OFF icon, but if you want to play the OFF-base version you use the "Play Offbase' icon. Then why can't I seem to find the OFFbase squadron window or Off-ramp? Everything in game still looks the same as in regular OFF.

2nd. Is there a way to fix my pilots corrupted xml files without converting them to be played in Off-base?

ZZ.

A question or two. Sorry for being so thick about this. So if you want to play OFF the regular version, you just go in the regular way through the OFF icon, but if you want to play the OFF-base version you use the "Play Offbase' icon.

Basically, but you'll also first need to disable the OFFbase JSGME mods by running JSGME manually. And as the FAQ says, you may also want to disable the Advanced Ammo system in OFFramp as this affects the ammo used by all aircraft. Then you can play OFF just like OFFbase isn't there.

Then why can't I seem to find the OFFbase squadron window or Off-ramp? Everything in game still looks the same as in regular OFF.

Run the "Play OFFbase" icon, then select your nation and squad. Press "Play Squadron" then choose your pilot and click "Play Pilot". Once the squadron finishes loading and synchronizing, it'll open to the squadron window with an orange OFFramp button on the bottom:

post-48442-0-97965400-1367799353.png

2nd. Is there a way to fix my pilots corrupted xml files without converting them to be played in Off-base?

Nope, OFFput uses the OFFbase pilot personalities to rebuild the XML files.

Thanks Lothar. This seems like a really cool Add-on, kudos to you and all who created it. Unfortunately I have not yet invested in Trak-ir, so it probably won't be helpful until I do. Second, it is still hanging on the load screen with the same xml error once I've "fixed the corrupted pilots as you outlined. And when I try to load through Off-base it simply hangs on the "generating squadron" window, and never loads. So, looks like it's time for a clean sweep and a fresh install. Can't say we didn't try though. : )

ZZ.

PS. Thanks for your help none-the-less!

Thanks Lothar. This seems like a really cool Add-on, kudos to you and all who created it. Unfortunately I have not yet invested in Trak-ir, so it probably won't be helpful until I do.

TrackIR's not required to use OFFice.

Second, it is still hanging on the load screen with the same xml error once I've "fixed the corrupted pilots as you outlined. And when I try to load through Off-base it simply hangs on the "generating squadron" window, and never loads. So, looks like it's time for a clean sweep and a fresh install. Can't say we didn't try though. : )

Don't clean sweep just yet! When OFFbase hangs on the "generating squadron" window, can you copy the text or send a screen shot of the "REBOL 3 Alpha" console that's running in the background? I should be able to fix the error and get you up and running.

Oh, well ok. Thanks Lothar, I will give sending you a text copy of the rebol screen a try tonight once I get a chance.

Many thanks.

ZZ.

Alrighty. Attached is a jpeg of my rebol window. Let me know what you think Lothar.

Thx.

ZZ.

post-45966-0-93652100-1367881361_thumb.jpg

Edited by zoomzoom

Lothar,

I shot you a jpeg of my rebol screen from the second (modified) attempt. Let me know if there is any hope of repair.....if not it looks like time for a clean sweep and re-install this weekend. Sometimes ya just gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks,

ZZ.

Woops, sorry Lothar, here it is, since the last attempt didn't get to you.

ZZ.

post-45966-0-30189800-1368118837_thumb.jpg