Yeah nose gear is still compressed, oh and still F-15 seats lol Seriously?

I like it. Its something to add to my hanger. I have all the DLC's and if the money can go towards Exp 3 coming out then I can part with $6.00.

I like it. Its something to add to my hanger. I have all the DLC's and if the money can go towards Exp 3 coming out then I can part with $6.00.

What he said! Hoping for at least Exp 3 before TK gives up the SF series completely.

There are still so many planes he never added that deserved so much to be a part of the stock SF world.

I had always hoped that nearly all AI aircraft would end up being stock flyables.

6,99$ 5.99$ (thx Spinners) is too much I think.

Other DLCs come with 1 aircraft & 2 textures too and cost only 2,99$....

Edited by Soulfreak

6,99$ is too much I think.

It's actually $5.99 but I know what you mean.

It's actually $5.99 but I know what you mean.

Thx! ;-)

Well i think TK wanna take advantage out of the "Tomcat Hype".

Come on Soulfreak, you live in Germany how much for a beer or a pack of cigarrettes in there?

What he said! Hoping for at least Exp 3 before TK gives up the SF series completely.

There are still so many planes he never added that deserved so much to be a part of the stock SF world.

I had always hoped that nearly all AI aircraft would end up being stock flyables.

Yeah we need MiG's.

5€ for Ciggies (I stopped smoking one year ago) and Beer is now at around 2,08€ per liter (a good Beer). :biggrin:

But sorry, that is my point of view. This DLC isn´t worth the price.

Other DLCs I have bought are truely worth the money (Belgian Mirage & Oman Hunter f.e.).

are you honestly believing that TK is using the income from this DLC´s for the development of a Exp.3 ??????

No, I don't think there is such a thing as Exp.3

DCS is looking better by the minute.. now if only it wouldn't take a million years per new flyable aircraft...

And well, AI aircraft are lacking as well tbh, we get a nice 'Nam era Huey but not a single other thing that fits the time period. Maybe somebody should start a studio to make DCS: The Cold War with a flyable F-4 and a selection of cold war era aircraft for the AI. It is a bit of a bummer that TK seems to be winding down since SF2 is currently a lot more what I want than DCS:W.

If DCS even had a public map editor so we could get new areas to fly over made by the community..

Also, did anyone get it? I am being driven nuts by the F-14s in my Iran/Iraq campaign randomly selecting armnament they are not supposed to have, like Matra Super 530Fs instead of sparrows, or sometimes F model sparrows instead of E-4s.. Maybe I should get the DLC and see if it works better...

5€ for Ciggies (I stopped smoking one year ago) and Beer is now at around 2,08€ per liter (a good Beer). :biggrin:

But sorry, that is my point of view. This DLC isn´t worth the price.

Other DLCs I have bought are truely worth the money (Belgian Mirage & Oman Hunter f.e.).

Actually half a beer (in Bavaria 0,5l) costed me last sunday 3€ in a beer garden, where you know drinks are self service...

Anyway when thinking about the price of this F-14 DLC, consider how TK most probably sees it as a dangerous competitor of the whole SF2:NA game, because it undo his exclusivity about the Tomcat.

Also, did anyone get it? I am being driven nuts by the F-14s in my Iran/Iraq campaign randomly selecting armnament they are not supposed to have, like Matra Super 530Fs instead of sparrows, or sometimes F model sparrows instead of E-4s.. Maybe I should get the DLC and see if it works better...

Does that not work anymore?

SpecificStationCode=AIM4

Anyway when thinking about the price of this F-14 DLC, consider how TK most probably sees it as a dangerous competitor of the whole SF2:NA game, because it undo his exclusivity about the Tomcat.

Would assume you get the F-14 dll avionics and models - so yes a big part of SF2NA

phoenix missile works from the start. I wonder if TK will release a skinpak for it. Could use some navy skins. dont think the oens from NAwould work.

Oh, the tailhook is disabled too. Just noticed.

phoenix missile works from the start. I wonder if TK will release a skinpak for it. Could use some navy skins. dont think the oens from NAwould work.

It my bad, i have a custom install so... Anyway i just created another Phoenix for the Iranians. AFAIK, Hughes downgraded the ECCM as the Navy felt uneasy about Phoenix exports.

... Anyway i just created another Phoenix for the Iranians. AFAIK, Hughes downgraded the ECCM as the Navy felt uneasy about Phoenix exports.

That's believable.

Good idea about the custom Phoenix. Might have to do the same.

That's believable.

Good idea about the custom Phoenix. Might have to do the same.

That is just a rumor to make the penthagons mind get out and let Grumman and Hughes to sell the F-14 and AIM-54 to Iran

I have a friend that works in Air Force and he said that that's just a rumor

They are equally the same

That is just a rumor to make the penthagons mind get out and let Grumman and Hughes to sell the F-14 and AIM-54 to Iran

I have a friend that works in Air Force and he said that that's just a rumor

They are equally the same

actually, the one and only source on the matter (which is claimed to be the testimony of an IIAF pilot) says that the systems were slightly inferior to the american ones.The differences, however, were so minuscule, that there was no actual difference in action.

actually, the one and only source on the matter (which is claimed to be the testimony of an IIAF pilot) says that the systems were slightly inferior to the american ones.The differences, however, were so minuscule, that there was no actual difference in action.

How many AIM-54A/C Fired from navy F-14's?

None of them shoot their targets down and it has a reason

You know what's the reason

According to Tom Couper's opinion the US Navy can't installed the AIM-54's correctly :biggrin:

But the reverse of it is really attractive

During Iran-Iraq war we had fired many AIM-54 from 80 till 10 mile distance in front of many kind of fighters

No matter Soviet or France fighters they are

Or no matter they are Su-22MK-4's,MiG-25's,Tu-22's,Mirage F-1's,Super etandard's,or Mirage III's(Egypt gave IrAF 3 Mirage III with US made ECM Pods)

And these fighters used the last version of ECM available at that time For example Soviet made the war a real lab for test his weopons and systems

If Iranian AIM-54's downgraded so they can't reach their targets

In a time IRIAF F-14 fired 3 AIM-54 to first to two C-602 fired from Tu-16(K-6D) second Tu-16 and the result is clear the Tu-16 and of of the C-602's shot down but the other C-602 explodes in the air before the Phoenix reach it

In the battle with F-1's they use heavy ECM but inspite of that Tomcat and phoenix don't have any problem with them

So never tell it again

I wonder you know why IRIAF F-14's don't have the IR seeker or explain it?

• Like 1

How many AIM-54A/C Fired from navy F-14's?

None of them shoot their targets down and it has a reason

You know what's the reason

According to Tom Couper's opinion the US Navy can't installed the AIM-54's correctly :biggrin:

To clarify - this applies to one of the F-14Ds in OSW (1999) - the ordy put the arming shoe or whatever on backwards it has been said

But the reverse of it is really attractive

During Iran-Iraq war we had fired many AIM-54 from 80 till 10 mile distance in front of many kind of fighters

No matter Soviet or France fighters they are

Or no matter they are Su-22MK-4's,MiG-25's,Tu-22's,Mirage F-1's,Super etandard's,or Mirage III's(Egypt gave IrAF 3 Mirage III with US made ECM Pods)

And these fighters used the last version of ECM available at that time For example Soviet made the war a real lab for test his weopons and systems

If Iranian AIM-54's downgraded so they can't reach their targets

In a time IRIAF F-14 fired 3 AIM-54 to first to two C-602 fired from Tu-16(K-6D) second Tu-16 and the result is clear the Tu-16 and of of the C-602's shot down but the other C-602 explodes in the air before the Phoenix reach it

In the battle with F-1's they use heavy ECM but inspite of that Tomcat and phoenix don't have any problem with them

Unfortunately - the above is not proof that the ECCM was not downgraded - because these is no evidence to suggest the ECM pods etc in use by the Iraqis were functioning or could use the correct modes, frequencies to jam the missile properly etc - basically even downgraded AIM-54s could still have been good enough for the job.

Iranian F-14As never got the IRST because they wanted to wait for the TCS - but they never received it because of the revolution etc

We always bought the best in the world

like F-4,F-14,AH-1J,Tow,P-3F,AIM-54,RF-4 and so on

F-16 or F-18L(cancelled because of the revolution)

I never had a love affair with the tomcat, so i might not be the best to talk about it, but i would suggest to go flaps for landing when taking off a runway. Otherwise, specially when loaded with Phoenixes, it might be a little hard to get up before some runways...run away.

Surprisingly, i find them harder to maneuver than the Navy Phantoms i´m used to, even the early Bs. Gotta try to learn.

Really, it is experience - in game, I'm more liable to get shot down in an F-16 than I am in an F-14A! (And it REALLY shouldn't be so!)

With respect to takeoff flap setting, even at max weight (>74K pounds) the aircraft's takeoff roll is under 4400 feet with a very hot runway, no headwind, using NO flaps, so, you wouldn't need full flaps even to take off of a medium runway with 6 AIM-54, unless you're talking a high altitude runway, or a different center of gravity (e.g. TARPS-equipped).