Sign in to follow this  
TheWarrior

F6F-3 Early 1943 skin request

Hi all. Small request for the moders. Could some one do up an early 1943 Hellcat skin. See attachment. This would be for the A-Team Hellcat.

Thanks.

post-64268-0-55720400-1367825262_thumb.png

you're gonna need the full template for that ... as the entire thing will have to repainted to non-spec blue and non-spec gray, as that's the pre-tri tone (ala YORKTOWN shakedown cruise and movie)

better ask CP if they have one to share.

ps: the loadout's all wrong, too. -3s never carried rockets. only the -5

Edited by Wrench

I have the templates for it. They come with the download. Also. Thanks for the heads up on the loadout.

really? cause the templates ain't in mine...the Gen2 Pak

you know that scheme was only used for about 3 months, right? before BuAer mandated the change to tri-tone and red-outinled star (again, from aug 43 to end of oct 43, when the standard blue/white star-bar came into use)

also, might want to change the exported to FALSE, and delete the userlist and marine skin. marines never used the -3 OR -5 Hellcats. they were quite happy with their corsairs.

the only marine 'cats were =the EXCEEDINGLY RARE= -3N and sliglty less rare, -5N. which was again, replaced by NF corsairs

oh, and the armor values are way out in left field

Actually looking at them again I'm not sure if there for the Hellcat or not. You can hardly see any detail. I went ahead and deleted the Marine skin. Also did not know they only used it for a bit. AS for the armor values, I'll check the CA Hellcat.