Sign in to follow this  
rjw

Just when u think everything is calm, all hell breaks loose

I think I have been spending too much time playing OFF this year. I'm starting to find it affecting my everyday life and insidiously inserting itself into my everyday thoughts!

I was sitting at my dinner table looking out over my back yard watching some birds feeding and noticing the gentle breeze moving a neighbours flag, when all of a sudden without warning a huge gust of wind came along and blew my deck chairs across the deck and made such a noise I could hear it from inside the house. As fast as it came, it disappeared and as I stepped out on the deck to survey any damage I looked at the sky and there was no trace of anything abnormal in the sky.

I went back inside and sat down at the table and pondered "WHAT IF"! What if I had been about to land my camel after a great mission when that gust of wind came along without warning! What if I had Olham's Alb in my sights and was just about to squeeze the trigger! What if I had been sitting on a frail stool at the latrine!.....the thought ran on!!

Just goes to show, you never know what awaits you. When everything is calm, all hell can break loose.

Batten down the hatches fellows, there may be a big blow coming!

I was expecting you to say you saw a brightly colored DVa sweep in on a low pass and Olham was waving and smiling as he peppered your Camel sitting in the backyard!

I dont want to say I hope so - But I am sick of this crap.

I was expecting you to say you saw a brightly colored DVa sweep in on a low pass and Olham was waving and smiling as he peppered your Camel sitting in the backyard!

Geez, you know, that might just be next!! Oh well, I guess I better set up my game camera so I have some evidence if such a thing were to happen :biggrin:

Robert, that's true for war times as for peace - you best keep on your toes and be prepared for the unexpected.

But hey - I never pepper backyards or any other ground targets.

Getting me into your gun sight is not a thing on MY list, but if it should happen don't hesitate.

Maybe you could shoot my tail feathers off, but I'm mostly over own grounds and could attempt a safe landing.

I'd be grateful though, if you would please not shoot holes into my warm leather jacket - it cost me a fortune! :grin:

We had some similar stories like yours during the last years, that people immersed a bit too deep with OFF.

Maybe you should request a leave from the Major - 14 days back home should do you good.

What?! It's possible to become to immersed into this sim? That's just barmy I say! Now excuse me whilst I do a quick pre-flight of my kite and the weather conditions before suiting up and nipping over to the local store for some milk and bread and biscuits, as per my Mrs. shopping list.

Too immerse - bah! :pilotfly: