Sign in to follow this  
SupGen

Airstrikes on land targets in SF2NA

Airstrikes on land targets in SF2NA

This will allow you to attack Airfields, Fuel Tanks, Evil Comm Buildings, and many other land targets in game assigned Strike missions. The Mod uses JSGME to allow an easy, (almost) one click change between land and naval targetting. JSGME also ensures that if you don't like the Mod, you can easily restore your install to it's original condition. I've only tested this in single missions; I don't think you'll fufill the Campaign Victory Conditions with this installed (you'll never even see the Kiev, much less sink it). To anyone who already knows the trick cheers, you don't need this, anyone else, thank snapper 21 for the original idea.

SupGen

5/6/2013

CowboyTodd41, on Yesterday, 10:31:00 PM, said:

Why did you set this up with a mod manager? There's is no reason for this with the Strike Fighters series.

Actually, JSGME is very useful in SF2. My machine (I7 Quad Core 860 OC'D @ 3.6GHZ, Radeon HD 6870 1G) runs the stock Iceland terrain OK with Stary's Sarcasm 1.2 (with some stuff turned down), with Gerwin's Iceland I can use Sarcasm 1.4 with everything maxed out. JSGME makes it easy to switch, depending on which terrain I want to fly on. Give it a try, reversability is pretty cool.

AggressorBLUE, on Today, 09:12:52 AM, said:

It appears that at the it disables missions with sea based targets, so you'll need to switch between the 2.

That said, I've had strike missions in the A-7 against land targets...not sure why we need this?

Was that in a Campaign or Single Mission? In Campaigns you get a mix, all I've seen in Single Missions is "Sink the Kiev".

CowboyTodd41, on Yesterday, 02:04:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm playing a SuperE campaign and I get land strikes all the time.

Yeah, in Campaigns, this allows land strikes in Single Missions, like the readme says. Also, you should really post this kind of stuff in the File Announcement thread, this is for reviews.

Edited by SupGen

I'm interested in using this as I already use JSGME for IL-2 mods (I take it it's the same one?!?)

How do I set up JSGME to use/switch mods for Strike Fighters??

I'm interested in using this as I already use JSGME for IL-2 mods (I take it it's the same one?!?)

How do I set up JSGME to use/switch mods for Strike Fighters??

Did you read the readme? I've supplied a JSGME.exe to drop into your SF2NA mod folder in Users/SavedGames. Run it from there, it'll only affect SF2NA.

Cheers for that, I hadn't D/L the file at that point. Will try it out this evening :cool:

Thankyou SupGen, used it and worked a treat!! Handy way to switch between mods

thank you supgen for this mod i installed it and got CTD when chosed NA2 can you explain in depth how to install your mod?

shifa, the NA2 option is only if you have Gerwin's Iceland terrain installed AND you've named it IcelandNA2.