Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

machine gun fire effects

I have tried for several months now to get the machine gun fire effects such as the HmgFireEffect and the LmgFireEffect to work. The proper files are in the effects folder but I still can't get them to work.

Any Ideas?

What kind of install? Any old .inis laying around the Objects folder? (BULLETOBJECT, GUNDATA,etc.) What else is in the Effects folder? Do the Effects you mentioned have the proper Shader statements? A little information, please.

Hey Warthog64, why aren't you just using Stary's Unified Effects Pack? I went back through all my SF2 effects folders, and did not find either the HmgFireEffect or the LmgFireEffect. That took me back to my SFP1 Effects files, and they still didn't show up. Are these the stock effects, because Stary's are all massively better effects!

Trust me, an old BULLETOBJECT.ini will screw up everything, even Stary's pack.

I am using Stary's unified effects pack, I'll reinstall it though and see what happens.

It's been a while and I'm also not sure where my current BULLETOBJECT originated, I'll also try deleting it and then reinstalling a new one.

Thanks guys

I reinstalled The Unified Effects Pack, and extracted a new BULLETOBJECT, but no Luck!

Hey Warthog64, why aren't you just using Stary's Unified Effects Pack? I went back through all my SF2 effects folders, and did not find either the HmgFireEffect or the LmgFireEffect. That took me back to my SFP1 Effects files, and they still didn't show up. Are these the stock effects, because Stary's are all massively better effects!

The LMG and HMG fire effects came from the SF2 Combo Effect Pack http://combatace.com/topic/51187-sf2-combo-effect-pack-v100/. So should I delete these? Since the Unified Effects Pack doesn't contain these shouldn't I need them?

Edited by warthog64

Warthog64, I'm not sure mixing different effects packs is a particularly good thing. The MKSheppard SF2 Combo Effect Pack is pretty old (December, 2009), and might not include all the updated shader references. You could drag your current Effects folder to your desktop, and install a clean Stary Unified Effects Pack to a new Effects folder you create in the Mod folder of the install you want to test. Make sure you have the latest Unified Effects Pack update (v1.2). Give it a test drive, and see if you like it.

Warthog64, I'm not sure mixing different effects packs is a particularly good thing. The MKSheppard SF2 Combo Effect Pack is pretty old (December, 2009), and might not include all the updated shader references. You could drag your current Effects folder to your desktop, and install a clean Stary Unified Effects Pack to a new Effects folder you create in the Mod folder of the install you want to test. Make sure you have the latest Unified Effects Pack update (v1.2). Give it a test drive, and see if you like it.

I only added the files from MKSheppard's pack that weren't included in Stary's pack. I'll delete everything and try it again with only Stary's pack.

Thanks again

I reinstalled The Unified Effects Pack, and extracted a new BULLETOBJECT, but no Luck!

The LMG and HMG fire effects came from the SF2 Combo Effect Pack http://combatace.com...ect-pack-v100/. So should I delete these? Since the Unified Effects Pack doesn't contain these shouldn't I need them?

If you delete them the game will just use the stock effects; funny thing is those two effects didn't come from MKSheppard's pack; I just looked and they aren't in there.

If you delete them the game will just use the stock effects; funny thing is those two effects didn't come from MKSheppard's pack; I just looked and they aren't in there.

That's where I thought I got them, but I guess I'm just confused. Anyway I tried deleting Flight and Effects folders and reinstalling all stock files with Stary's pack again and this time it worked. Not sure why it worked this time, but it did.

Thanks for your help SupGen.

I don't think it was me but, hey, whatever works, right?