A long time ago, I have started to play around with the fake pilot stuff, it was fun, but to be honest, I had no idea what I was doing. After a time I have recieved the core file of montys Skyraider. I was a big fan of that bird. So I began to modify it a bit. Same I did with the Su-25 thats already WIP again, but pls dont ask when its done.

Here you can see the first results of this work. Its already ingame and flys quiet well. I have alot of support from Kevin and a skinner for the paintjob, Enoc. We will have the skin in 2048.

To mention, the model isnt finished yet, but I think its at a stage, where it can be presented. Im learning every day new stuff about the AD-4W, it was unique, cause the changes that werde done in Real Life, to make this Baby flyable, where extensive.

Please ignore the mapping at this point

post-8289-0-57387800-1368134383_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-74698800-1368134385_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-89118800-1368134388_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-60051500-1368134392_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-74407500-1368134395_thumb.jpg

From the games point of view, this bird is useless, but maybe it makes sense for a few people for the KAW mod and other theaters.

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird
  • Like 7

hahahahahahahaha, very funny Matt :lol: :lol: :lol:

The skin isnt the problem ;)

@Kevin, I have solved the blurry prop of the static model, pls don`t ask how I did it, I have no idea. I used the Data.ini to solve it. You can use the entries on the other Skyraider`s to

post-8289-0-89324200-1368140759_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-36492400-1368140764_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-15538400-1368140769_thumb.jpg

@Flogger, talking about ... flying around insted of modelling .. guilty

i was thinking the same thing with I say "2048"!!! :biggrin:

remember, as it has NO guns, there's no need for gun stains. a Radar Picket bird only; no offensive capabilites, and little defensize (low power jammer)

good job on the prop!!

I'm really looking forward to this one. It will add alot of life to early naval operations

• Like 1

Royal Navy could use this

13913_1222455067.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Cool one Martin! :good:

Always thought the RN was the only user of that Skyraider version...

Good work! Will be nice rare addition to Suez Crisis Campaign. :clapping:

The FAA used this plane and the USN, they partly removed the gearcover to save weight.

Sometimes you see this version without the radome, but i can't find some info about it.

The oilcooler exhaust was relocated and the hooks for the catapult were moved from the wingroots to the main gear.

The AEW-1 has less gear cover than the US version so you will nitice a difference between them

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

From the games point of view, any addon isn't useless..well done and keep going!

with hi res skins and bumpmaps this raider will look great especially the dark blue skins.

Sometimes you see this version without the radome, but i can't find some info about it.

Poss. The AD3 version? Still single seat cockpit but basic design designed for multirole( asw, aew, ecm)

AD-3W? Seems I have to learn more about this version.

If thats the one im looking for we will have one more version

• Like 1

there were "W" versions of damn near ALL Skyraider variants ...

I have seen a pic of a visualy identical AD-4W without the radome but with "weapons" under the wings. They flew in a pair and seemed they worked together.

Current pic for fun

post-8289-0-60207100-1368230687_thumb.jpg

I have a problem with the gear animation, why does the retracted position looks different in max than in game. The main gear (the shocks) seem to be extendet in the the retracted position. So the gear stick out of the wing and doesnt match the gearbay anymore?!

• Like 1

The main gear (the shocks) seem to be extendet in the the retracted position. So the gear stick out of the wing and doesnt match the gearbay anymore?!

check the mesh actual sizes and if needed xform reset them...sounds like mesh size wrong.

Dropped Some Reference Shots In Members Gallery For Guardian/Guppy Hunter/Killer Teams Also Have Shots In Hanger Center Lift.To My Knowledge Nobody Has Modeled AF-2S Guardian.

The Meshsize was right in that case, Florian send me an ini entry and it worked fine!

CompressGearOnRetraction=TRUE