In 1974 the USAF made the LWF competions for a new light combat Fighter to complement the F-15A Eagle

the winner was..........

The Vought F-118A Black Mamba

ini work in progres!

Edited by cocas
  • Like 2

i'd reccomend a different name, in keeping with Vought's tradition of 'pirate' type names...

Well all pirate names i cloud remenber were all ready use Corsair, Pirate, Bucanner ,Cutlass

can some one help me out here my english run out on pirate names

Is possible to get this thing carrier capable so it can land on small NATO carriers?

Well all pirate names i cloud remenber were all ready use Corsair, Pirate, Bucanner ,Cutlass

can some one help me out here my english run out on pirate names

Privateer? ;]

thanks Ace Privateer its his

this desing was offer to navy whit change has part of VFAX iirc and F-16/17 in RL was to be for both arms just a matter of ading a hook and some bits on the front gear

Eye candy a something particular of this aircraft

got does canard to work has flaps o_O!

Privateer for me. BTW cool to hear we will see a navy version too!

got the hook done and working now on outher stuff like wing fold and front gear bits

Only thing about 'Privateer' is that Consolidated used it so it would be about the same as McDonnell using 'Mustang' for the F4H-1. BTW I am aware that Brigand was used by Bristol for their little-known attack aircraft but that's on the other side of the pond.

i see if privateer was already use guess we got to go whit Brigand

well hook wing fold done the gear will stay since it little space for changes....need to think it better

The legendary LVT contender for the project resulted in the F-16 ... Awesome ! Looking forword to this release!!!thankyou!!!

Only thing about 'Privateer' is that Consolidated used it so it would be about the same as McDonnell using 'Mustang' for the F4H-1. BTW I am aware that Brigand was used by Bristol for their little-known attack aircraft but that's on the other side of the pond.

The Privateer was a lumbering single tail Liberator lay-off used for maritime patrol, they shouldn't have used that name in the first place ...........

• Like 1

Amazing, hope spanish navy will get his first supersonic fighter soon!

and bristol brigands had a fairly short service life, while hte consoldated PB4Y-2 was still at work into the ealy 60s.

I'd vote for Brigand

I'm doubtful about the USAF adopting a maritime-related name to a plane coming from a own funded program

Cutlass II?