dtmdragon

Royal New Zealand Navy Fleet Air Arm Skyhawks

No.6 Squadron A-4K Skyhawks embarked on HMNZS New Zealand (Essex Class) Aircraft Carrier:

gallery_59028_683_351099.jpg

gallery_59028_683_27385.jpg

gallery_59028_683_293026.jpg

New paint jobs for the Skyhawks after thier 1988 Project Kahu upgrades:

gallery_59028_683_99074.jpg

gallery_59028_683_400671.jpg

gallery_59028_683_418545.jpg

gallery_59028_683_55732.jpg

gallery_59028_683_34581.jpg

gallery_59028_683_36762.jpg

gallery_59028_683_299156.jpg

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 3

Do you have plans to share these sea legged KIWIs with the rest of us?

Do you have plans to share these sea legged KIWIs with the rest of us?

Eventually lol I have also re done my A-4K Kahu Pack, my 'What if?' RNZAF F-16 Pack and my 'what if?' RNZAF F-4 Pack I just need to find the time to package them all up and upload them. Edited by dtmdragon

Very cool. I'll be flying it as soon as I have a chance (real life gets in the way sometimes). One question: why do you have an "F" in the pennant number of your carrier? Wouldn't "R" be more fitting?

Very cool. I'll be flying it as soon as I have a chance (real life gets in the way sometimes). One question: why do you have an "F" in the pennant number of your carrier? Wouldn't "R" be more fitting?

To be honest that is what the NZ Navy Frigates around that time had, I have no idea how ship numbering works in the NZ Navy (or any Navy) so I just went with that lol Edited by dtmdragon

Alright guys how about a Royal New Zealand Navy replacement aircraft and aircraft carrier for the Skyhawks and the HMNZS New Zealand? If we follow history and 'what nearly was' history we need a replacement by 2008- 2010 at the latest which was the original planned out of service date for the Skyhawks when they received the Kahu upgrade in 1988 (There was a Kahu II upgrade planned for around 2001 which never happened due to the planned F-16 replacement in early 2000 and then subsequent scrapping of the entire air combat wing.) Any Ideas? Don’t forget cost will be a major factor. I'm thinking the HMS Invincible with its GR.7/9 Harrier airwing would have been going cheapish around 2010.....

Edited by dtmdragon

I'm thinking the HMS Invincible with its GR.7/9 Harrier airwing would have been going cheapish around 2010.....

Why not go all the way and do the BOGOF offer and throw the Ark Royal into the a couple of years later?

(For those unfamiliar with grocery shopping BOGOF = Buy One Get One Free)

Edited by Spiritwalker69