don246

Jan Tuma's terrain question.

I have what may be a problem with my install of Jan's terrain this was added to the Verdun map, the telephone poles look well see the pic below. Any one encounted this ?.

My PC spec- Windows 7 64 bit - card AMD HD7870- all FE2 settings on high (no problems running the sim)

post-21673-0-83952800-1368608507_thumb.jpg

Yes, and not only that, but you only see half of them. What I mean is that if you go up a country road you will see about one tile's worth on one side and then on the next tile you will not see them unless you turn 180* and look back at them.

I have a ATI 6970, so it may be only a ATI drive problem too, so some one with a nVidia card needs to chime in.

I think it's the way .tgas are used in Jan Tuma's tiles. Everything else: buildings, fences, etc., show up correctly, but cows and phone poles show up as white background pictures, not tgas. Don't know why. I have a Nvidia 610 1 gig card with the latest drivers, updated last night, so it's not just an ATI problem. I tried creating a new tga, based on Jan's elements in Gimp, but the problem is still there with the new tga. It has something to do with the fact that all Jan's terrain elements are covered by the same large tga, I think: buildings, cows, poles, fences, etc., so I'm not sure what the solution is, if any. For now, I'll just ignore it, since I don't like the stock terrains, even with the many enhancements, but that's just my preference.

There is an alternate TOD setting somwhere in the downloads section.

Yes I do see it - far more noticeable on the ground - not a card issue - more to do with how those objects are rendered. The TGA it uses looks correct - well to me

Thanks Heck that sorted it out, and thanks to all that replyed.

post-21673-0-39384200-1368631014_thumb.jpg