Hi am new to SF, I bought the gold veersion, what are the best things to get me started, i tried adding the vark, but couldn't understand how to add the weapons, there were no folders and no weaponsdataini file, also the aircraft had no sounds, any ideas?

Fighterpilot

Hi am new to SF, I bought the gold veersion, what are the best things to get me started,  i tried adding the vark, but couldn't understand how to add the weapons, there were no folders and no weaponsdataini file, also the aircraft had no sounds, any ideas?

Fighterpilot

Step One, download and install the F-14A, the Vark uses some of the sounds it installs, and besides, it's a killer add-on :)

Step Two, install the latest weapons pack. It's available on this site's downloads section.

Step three, get yourself a copy of the SFP1 extraction utility.

Thanks for the info, downloading as i type, should have got the F-14 earlier what a great aircraft.

FP

Fighter Pilot, welcome to the game!

I am going to post a quick and dirty reference for new players in a minute.

Thanks for the info, downloading as i type, should have got the F-14 earlier what a great aircraft.

FP

That is a fact. One of the very finest add-ons anywhere for any thing. The Aardvark pack

version 2 is also a contender for the best ever.

It's nice to see the incredible stuff being done for this sim series...

thanks for all the help i am really enjoying this game, one question on the vark, the loadout says i have two mers but they don't appear, i can select the weaponry but not release it.

Also i tried to download the Tornado from this site, the zip is empty.

edit - i got it off avsim instead

Thanks

FP

Edited by Fighterpilot

Hi all,

Just joined up , more of a Lomac man so far; read this with interest, I am trying to install/activate the latest weapons pack. Any chance of this quick and dirty guide ? I did steps one two and three from the first answer, but I don't know what to do with the file extractor, and don't have any new weapons available.

I especially want to nuke something ( there are days like that ........)

thanks in advance,

ntW I also bought the gold version, off the shelf in the uK although I live in Belgium

Rod

If you look at the top of this flrom section in the stickies you will see a weps tutorial. As far as the weps packs go just install per the instructions and go fly.

OK, thebit I missed was to extract the weaponsdata.ini file from objectdata.cat with the extracter first.

Thanks,

BTW Nukes are a bit disappointing, no mushroom clouds, rather a small bang, am I still missing something ?

OK, thebit I missed was to extract the weaponsdata.ini file from objectdata.cat with the extracter first.

Thanks,

BTW Nukes are a bit disappointing, no mushroom clouds, rather a small bang, am I still missing something ?

That is because you do not have or did not install the effects packages to get the mushroom clouds. Also you can change the yield in the wep editor if the power of the blast is too small for you. However the size of the mushroom will be the same due to a limitation we can not overcome.

Also you can change the yield in the wep editor if the power of the blast is too small

yeah,'dial a boom!'....... not heard change the yield in many moons.