Well, you guys know that I don't ordinarily go round askin' for people to make stuff for me...but I'm kinda at a loss, here. I'm putting together an F-104A/F-104C pack using Spillone's updates of Ajunaidrs' Starfighters with, of course, some comprehensive .ini editing to bring things into what I believe is a more realistic representation of the aircraft; new radar, changes to what aircraft get RWRs, no gun in the A model until 1964, and other things. Did you know you can drop the flaps on that sucker up to 550 KIAS? :blink: One of the things I'd like to model is the F-104Cs' ability to carry two 'winders on a fuselage centerline hardpoint. I'm fully aware of the "controversy" about whether this should be modelled; I know it was rarely used due to pitting of the missiles seeker heads, etc. The thing is, if the Starfighter had been involved in a "Red Hammer" scenario, with Soviet and WarPact forces pouring through the Fulda gap, I think there would have been sufficent "turnaround" of missile stocks that pitting of the seeker heads would have been the least of anyones problems. The other aspect of this is, well, all of the F-104Gs have it; their seekers don't pit? Right now I'm using a modified LAU-105 2IR rack mounted on the centerline pylon; it works but it really doesn't look right. I may upload the pack with it but, (here it comes, boys), if one of our magnificent (yeah, this is shameless stroking but I really mean it, you guys are the best) 3D modellers would create a 2IR weapons rack for Ajunaidrs' F-104C modelled on the F-104Gs' I would be thrilled to death, and it would also be a welcome addition to the community weapons pack, so to speak. So there it is, I know 3D modelling is time consuming and that it isn't easy, but if someone takes this on, I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by SupGen
  • Like 1

Like This?

post-300-0-14754300-1368885218_thumb.jpg

Like This?

RAVEN, would you share it with the community, please?

Such a rack could be quite usefull for some "what-if" aircraft available here.

Oh RAVEN, that looks perfect! Whoo Hoo! Please just ensure clearence for the Sidewinders' fins and that the nose will clear the nose gear doors as Ajunadairs' Starfighters don't have as much room between the nose and main gear doors as the stock F-104Gs. A slight (two degrees?) nose down angle should do it, in a nice shade of Air Superiority Grey. :biggrin: Thank you, thank you!

I,m using the TW F-104g data,ini weapons stations for Ref. and I have the C. At work right now, It will be done to night, will check if it's in a Y.

Edited by RAVEN
  • Like 1

I found a correct drawing of the NATO Cataman, so it's going to be a little longer to finish. It will be a lot nicer. Also going to make the Japan Catamaran, (if I'm in the mud / I'm going to make pies) :)

I never knew there were a Catamaranpylon for the AIM-9`s. I thought there there a Y shaped pylon for the missiles? Maybe im completly wrong, sorry.

I think the Y pylon is on the S only, I only found drawings for the C, G and J.

Edit: The Y is on the F-100D, the 104S has 2 L shaped pylons from what I found , not 100% on the S.

Edited by RAVEN

Like this! :biggrin:

post-300-0-40607000-1369077703_thumb.jpg

post-300-0-85326200-1369077950_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN

Cool work Raven! The Starfighter is such a beautiful airplane!

That's correct about the two type of ventral pylons used on 104s. Anyway the catamaran was practically used on regular basis by the KLu or by the JASDF. In other countries was rarely used because of some limitations imposed after damage of the missile seekers. In Italy we even adopted those reinforced L shaped pylons for the F-104S, they were intended to support even bombs like the M117 (750lb) but in practice they were shown only in static display. Those pylons helped to keep the seekers out of the debris lifted by the nose gear but created too much drag and so they were never used in operation.

Spillone104, thanks for checking in; your input on anything related to the Starfighter is always appreciated. Again though, (see my first post in the thread) while the F-104C was used in combat (without the catamaran), the situation in Nam wasn't anything like a hot war in Central Europe. With the full weight of Soviet airpower directed at supporting an armored breakthrough into the North German Plain via the Fulda Gap, we would have been looking for any means to hang more missiles on every aircraft we had.