redwolf

another new user - add-on plane/fm question

33lima continues to be a great salesman - bought it as a result of his descriptions on SimHQ - have both OFF & ROF but am enjoying this sim quite a lot so far...thank u 33lima! :)

Anyways, I am in the great mod collecting phase (been following through Ojcar's mighty list for his massive campaign(s) and am indeed getting there). 2 Questions that somebody may be able to help me with here:

1) following Ojcar's list i am to add, "SE5 SE5a FM - by Peter01 (uploaded by Christian59) (you'll need the SE5)."

I have done this (have added many many other aircraft successful so far too so not a complete rookie here), but I do not see the "SE5" as selectable for quick combat - only the SE5a. anybody know if the SE5 in this case is suppose to be AI only? - I noticed that the folder only includes se5.ini, se5.data, se5a_loadout.ini, but makes reference in the files to the se5a model files. I changed the aircraft short name in the se5.ini to S.E.5 thinking that this may be the problem (previously/originally it is listed as S.E.5a for some reason). Anybody know what might be the problem here?

2) following Ojcar's list i am to add, "Nieuport 27 - by EMID (you'll need N27_FAS and N27_RFC)...Add Peter01 FM". great. N27_RFC added with Peter01 FM overwriting the original - fine. N27_FAS added, but cannot find a Peter01 FM for it. It seems to not be in his last uploaded FM package (only has the N27 and N27_RFC - no N27_FAS to be found). Anybody know where I can find Peter01 FM for the N27_FAS???

thank you so much for any assistance with these 2 issues so far.

Redwolf

You copy a SE.5a folder, rename it to SE.5 and then put the appropriate SE.5 files into it. It uses the original SE.5s LODs and just modifies the FM to make it like the original SE.5.

Edited by Panama Red

Hi Redwolf and I'm glad to hear you've been persuaded to give FE a spin!

Re the SE5 first, it's certainly player-flyable. See the screenie - this is the plane I get (listed as 'RAF SE5' in the drop-down plane list in-game) and here's what my folder for the plane looks like. It's basically the stock SE5a Viper tho with no headrest, and suitable data files.

My SE folder has some redundant files so I must have tinkered with it at some point.

The only thing I can think of is the cockpit. As you may know, adding a 'pit to an Strike Fighters AI plane is usually all that's needed to make it player-flyable. There's no *cockpit.ine file in my folder so I'm guessng the sE5 pit is 'aliased' to the stock SE5a cockipt which in turn is in one of the compressed data files.

Have a look at your SE5.ini (not SE5a.ini) file and see if the first few lines look like mine, which reference the SE5a cockpit .ini file - if not, change it so that it looks like this:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=RAF S.E.5

AircraftShortName=S.E.5a

AircraftDataFile=SE5_data.ini

LoadoutFile=SE5a_loadout.ini

UserList=SE5a_UserList.ini

CockpitDataFile=SE5a_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=SE5a_hangar.JPG

LoadingScreen=SE5a_Loading.JPG

AvionicsDLL=AvionicsWWI.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=SE5a_avionics.ini

EDIT - missed Panama's post - that looks like the right answer!

img00097.JPG

FE2 SE5 folders.JPG

Edited by 33LIMA

Re the Nieu 27 'French Air Service', I don't know where I got Peter01's FM from - but I think it comes with the plane itself - as the intro implies, on its download page:

http://combatace.com/files/file/5453-nieuport-27/

Open the file N27_FAS_data.ini with Wordpad and see if it says :

// Alternative FM for EmID's Nieuport 27 models

//Peter01 Feb 2010

if it does, I reckon you're all set.

You copy a SE.5a folder, rename it to SE.5 and then put the appropriate SE.5 files into it. It uses the original SE.5s LODs and just modifies the FM to make it like the original SE.5.

thanks for the help...don't have much in the se5a folder in the mod directory (user/savegames/thirdwire/ yadaya) except for some .ini's and a paint scheme. No se5a folder in the root directory. Does it have to be extracted from a cat file perhaps since it is stock???

Re the Nieu 27 'French Air Service', I don't know where I got Peter01's FM from - but I think it comes with the plane itself - as the intro implies, on its download page:

http://combatace.com...53-nieuport-27/

Open the file N27_FAS_data.ini with Wordpad and see if it says :

// Alternative FM for EmID's Nieuport 27 models

//Peter01 Feb 2010

if it does, I reckon you're all set.

mine says Peter01 October 2007. maybe an older version of the download. rechecking vs. your link...thank you. :)

mine says Peter01 October 2007. maybe an older version of the download. rechecking vs. your link...thank you. :)

nope - it has an October2007 FM by Peter01...and it seems that Peter01 updated the N27_RFC as well as the N27 (which is marked as USAS) in Feb 2010 but did not do one for the N27_FAS. Just want to comfirm this (unless there is one mysteriously floating around somewhere). Also could the relevant files be edited from another version to the FAS one?

New question (sorry) - have AI zepplin installed as per Ojcar's instructions, but i noticed if they spawn for single mission, it usually spawns more than one (4 being typical) and they don't behave nicely with that many (run into each other). I believe the campaign files are tweaked to have only 1 appear in Ojcar's campaigns, but is there any adjustment that can be done so only 1 spawns in single mission format?

Edited by redwolf

Got the se5 working (to an extent) by doing as i was told and copying se5a and renaming (sorry - thought there needed to be lod files and what-not there as well - turns out, not necessary.) - don't have a skin showing up on it - but i think i can figure this out (hopefully). thank you gentlemen.

Edited by redwolf

FE2 will not automatically use the original skins for a plane that is modified from one of it's original LOD's. What you have to do is copy these skins from either the original CAT's or from another source and create the subset skin folder in the SE.5 folder, like all the other planes in SF2 or FE2.

Example: Objects/Aircraft/SE.5/RAFBrown1/all the files & bmp's in the SE.5a skin folder