Nakedyanick

Few question about RoF

Hi all. I'm not very experienced on RoF and I have some questions about the game and the engine. First with my Fokker DVII it happend few times when I go down quickly (but always careful with the speed) I have what I think is oil all over the screen and it's over. Its very short I dont make a long descent.. My engine stop and it's finish, I dont know why I dont think I had damages. The radiator is Ok. What's wrong with me? And last question, there is a good campaign mod for this game? thanks everyone

Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator is the only campaign mod.

As for what you experienced, you oversped the engine. It's not just YOUR speed, it's how fast the prop is turning. Not every plane is vulnerable to it in ROF, but some are quite sensitive and at full throttle even a shallow dive can put your RPMs into the red and kill the engine in seconds. Always throttle back in a dive, even a shallow one, and in some planes I all but cut throttle to zero when doing it.

The purists may revile and/or condemn such heresies, and you may well be aware of this already. But if you don't find this behaviour to your liking and do not want to be distracted by having to manage your engine so much, you can turn this off via the RoF options menu; I can't recall what the setting descriptions are but it's fairly easy to find them and to understand what box or boxes to tick.