I use WOI under Win7 , but it's the old one for SF1 series. The game works fine. I have one things I can't solve so I need help. I want to have, when in hangar, those three sounds which I see them in SOUNDS folder (hangarnoise1, hangarnoise2 and hangarnoise3). I remember when playing in the past WOV , when in hangar, those cool aircraft engine sounds were there randomly. I looked into SOUNDLIST.ini and there is a simple [AmbientSound] entry which I am not sure what it really does.

One more thing, I managed , in the past to put one of those three sounds to the loading screen. Where should I put a new sound for that ? Thank you in advance.

have you LOOKED inside the various stock folders???

i'd suggest looking in /Flight or /Menu. that's usually where they non-stock ones wind up. but the must keep the same names as the originals

I found the one for loading screen only and it's in the Flight folder but the other ones are not there. I also checked the archive, they are simply not there so this could be the explanation why I don't have sound in hangar. I didn't check yet WOV folders, when I will install it I will take a look. However my presumption was that if all WOX works the same way that means it has to be in some config file that line which enable sound in hangar, because WOV has that sounds, I heard them when I played three years ago. It will help if anyone knows exactly where is that line which enables/disables sounds in hangar.

I found them , they are in sound folder, but they won't work where they should, in the hangar. In WOV they surely work, I heard them years ago when I first played WOV, but in WOI they won't work. I'm thinking that , maybe , those sound must be activated by a line in a file, a config one etc and for WOI simply that line it is not there or it is "closed". Do you know where could be that line which activate the sound in hangar ?

I dug a little further and I found into menu (CAT) folder the hangarnoise.ini file and these into it:

Hangar Noise

[HangarNoise]

MenuItemType=AMBIENTNOISE

StartTime=1.0

RepeatInterval=0.5

Randomness=4.0

BackgroundLoop=HangarRadio1.wav

SoundName[001]=HangarNoise1.wav

SoundName[002]=HangarNoise2.wav

SoundName[003]=HangarNoise3.wav

WOI doesn't have the hangarradio1.wav file, I've added from WOV into the menu folder as in WOV.

I checked the WOV, it has them in the exact this order but they work there...In WOI there is no sound into hangar...so something overrides these settings and I have no idea where to look for the culprit...I need help and luck...:)

I'm thinking that TK thought that some hangar music from 60's is inappropriate for Israel theme and maybe he killed the whole sound in the hangar, in WOI, and those files just forgot to erase them...

Edited by UllyB

I finally found a work-around solution to have sound in hangar in WOI. This is what you need to do if you were wondering, like me, how:

Copy these lines (add them to the bottom of the file) into hangarscreen.ini file:

[HangarNoise]
MenuItemType=AMBIENTNOISE
StartTime=1.0
RepeatInterval=0.5
Randomness=4.0
BackgroundLoop=HangarRadio1.wav
SoundName[001]=HangarNoise1.wav
SoundName[002]=HangarNoise2.wav
SoundName[003]=HangarNoise3.wav

If you want to have these sounds at the loadout screen, too, add them , as well, into the loadoutscreen.ini file.

Now the thread is closed.

Thank you, UllyB; this works quite well in SF2 also, you just have to add HangarNoise as a MenuItem in the list.

Edit: In SF2 the HangarLoop.wav has to go in the Menu folder.

Edited by SupGen