redwolf

help - no decals on Roland d6a

(FE2): probably an easy adjustment (pardon me as i am new) - but there are no insignia at all on the Roland d6a (by 101tfs). The 2 paint schemes that come with the model (unknown & Jag35b) do not seem to reference any decal in particular and do not have a "D" folder either (i have been getting other plane decals to appear properly by making sure that the "D" folder was in the required spot in the decal folder of the mod directory).

The decal.ini files for both of the skins include sections like this:

[Decal001]

MeshName=Fuselage

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-2.28,0.04

Scale=0.5

DecalMaxLOD=1

...with refence to "insignia" but no location and no "insignia" files per se. How can I make my Rolands nice and pretty with the proper german markings?

thanks for any assistance. :)

Try increasing the DecalMaxLOD=4

Bingo! that did the trick...though the crosses seem awfully fat...wondering if changing it to 3 will help or whether it is just meant to be that way (?).

Thank u for the help Panama Red. :)

DecalMaxLOD is for how far you see the decal, nothing else. Dropping it to a "3" just means that you will not see the insignia as far as a "4".

You will find that a lot of FE1 planes decals will need to have their DecalMaxLOD's increased when you convert them to FE2 (just a difference in the way the game processes the decals).

Edited by Panama Red

The "Fat" Decal might be the cross used in the spring of 1918. Check the date of the single mission. The Germans used three different crosses.

• Like 1

This mission is in June 1918. Note the "Fatter" decals.post-33545-0-24164900-1369097382_thumb.jpgpost-33545-0-29404400-1369097383_thumb.jpg

Edited by quack74

In fact, if you look close at these "fatter" decals (and at the correct angle), you can see where the original earlier crosses are "painted over" by these later crosses.

all is well gentlemen and thank you! learnt something new. :)