as many know, we're working on a new Spitfire Mk V, and there's something very strange happening with the newest lod

Cocas and I are at a loss as to WHAT's causing this "oddity".

On the external view, the left inner wing is perfectly visiable (gear up or down -makes no difference)

From the cockpit, when looking left, the inner wing disappeares!!!

(see screenies below)

all 4 wing secions are ShowFromCockpit=TRUE.

landing gear HideGearNodes is FALSE

I've looked at the cockpit ini, and nothing strikes me as being off. I don't think it;s any kind of clipping issue == nothing is modded in the FLightengineini or viewlists or anywhere else.

the older lod that this replaced didn't have this issue.

anyone have ANY idears????

thanks!!

You try a diffrent pit? Just to look. Just remembered, had same thing with Hurris, I linked the inner wing to the nose by mistake and hade the nose set to False. Also I've spell TRYE and it will do that.

Edited by RAVEN

you guys are frakking geinuses!!!

when raven said "misspelling", I went back to the new OUT, and found the names had been changed!!

changed them to match the new OUT, and viola!!

now, just have to hide the external windscreen framing from teh cockpit view...

thanks my brothers!!

I absolutely hate saying this but is it me or does the nose look a bit off? where it meets the prop spinner just seems wrong to me. I feel bad bringing it up but I just noticed it. otherwise it looks great to me.

nose look a bit off?

I agree...its snub nosed...should look tapered down to spinner.

Spitfire-1.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

yes, the cowling needs to be 'tighter' moving forward, and the spinner pointer. hopefuly, we'll get that taken care of!!

interesting to see on Mk.V in early temperate day scheme!! never seen that before (thought they were all gray/green)

Is that a re-paint for a TV show or movie as a faux Battle of Britain bird maybe?

• Like 1