Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

DLC F-14A Tomcat Skin Pack 1 on IRIAF F-14?

I haven't got NA because I'm still on WXP, so instead, I got the DLC Iranian F-14. It works. It's a nice model, etc, etc, but I thought it might be fun to reverse-engineer it into a USN aircraft. So with a bit of tinkering around, I found it still had the strike/attack weapons hardpoints, and with a bit of editing of the texture names, it can carry Pappychecksix's skins.

But... I don't have the stock tail/ventral fin/etc markings that came with SF2NA, and that rather limits matters.

So does anybody know if the USN F-14 skins in the DLC intended for the NA F-14 have ALL the necessary markings included, or do they rely on your having the original set from NA? In the first case, I'll get the extra skins, and in the second, it's not worth it.

Over to you...

There is only one VX-4 tail marking in DLC Skins Pack & agressor tail patch for two skins. Rest - IIAF S/N, USN agressor numbers, sq names...

the stock ones (non Kitty dlc) would be stored in objectdatacats. 026, iirc

the stock ones (non Kitty dlc) would be stored in objectdatacats. 026, iirc

Which I don't have, because it's SF2NA. Back to square 1...

There is only one VX-4 tail marking in DLC Skins Pack & agressor tail patch for two skins. Rest - IIAF S/N, USN agressor numbers, sq names...

The VX-4 marking comes with the F-4 skins DLC as well, so I've got that one. Others not...

what about adapting decals from the TMF Tomcat???

or from any of our existing 3W tomcat downloads. (making new decals is something we ALL hate!! :biggrin: )

I don't hate making new decals. It just makes me want to beat my own head in.

This will appear to be a shameless plug but http://combatace.com...-stock-turkeys/

There should be enough decals in there to get you by. Mostly mods of stock ones, but you can use this pack to fill in the missing spaces.

Edited by Swordsman422

Now that's what I call useful! Thanks - downloading right now. Somehow I'd missed that one.