We mod SF2 "down" for WW2 sims...Has anyone ever modded FE2 "up" for the same? Is the game engine "optimized" in any way for props? Any thoughts?

it lacks alot of the commands for gear and flaps( they will work with auto pilot) and no radio commands. It would be best for interwar stuff but WW2 stuff will fly but it is pretty limited unfortunatly.

Ah, thanks whiteknight, just that I'm seeing a lot more FE2 traffic lately, just as I think interest is building in SF2 WW2 mods...put two and two together and get...?

some of the newer WW2 releases do look great flying over the WW1 terrain just alot less to work withas far as modern amenities like...well like anything post 1918 ;)

it lacks alot of the commands for gear and flaps( they will work with auto pilot) and no radio commands. It would be best for interwar stuff but WW2 stuff will fly but it is pretty limited unfortunatly.

I've just heard from one who knows that those things are there; just not called out in the Default Control.ini. Could be why they work on autopilot. Very interesting. I'll have to try some verification.

yeah I had an install for just dogfighting with a few of the better WW2 birds. At the very least you can get some great screen shots over jan's terrain.

What do ya think would happen if you dropped an SF2 Control.ini into FE2?

I have no idea. I think at one point somone was talking about adding the commands manualy or something but the whole conversation was a bit over my head to be honest.

if you try adding anything from SF to FE I would try to do it from SF at the same patch level as FE.

Edited by whiteknight06604

capun just posted a "how to.." in their WWi Forums

well ive tried the cambrai,verdun and Galicia terrains(after a bit of editing and they are ok...nice grass airfields and tents give that ww2 feel.

So maybe a battle of France mod in our future?That would be neat.Wrench any way to represent a Dam in terrains with damage parameters?