MAKO69

British soldier attacked & butchered.

Disgusting ! It even made got mentioned in the papers here in New Delhi. Well at east they were shot and wounded and now police custody. I'm sure they will slip and fall while in jail or at least one would hope. But outside the barracks what the freak is up with that ! No security ?

People who kill unarmed victims are cowards. Pure and simple. People who swear to God after killing someone are the biggest sinners of all. No matter what their religion. Terrorists are the biggest IDIOTS OF ALL! Terrorism never has the desired effect. The biggest terror campaigns in history all failed to cow the target populations. The moment you announce to the world you're a terrorist, you're announcing to all the world that you're a moron.

I thought Jack the Ripper was indeed a Londoner, but Bill the Butcher was a New Yorker?! Anyway, that may probably revive the old endless debate, here and elsewhere, about the question of having wide population allowed or not to hold firearms, to avoid inflaming personal civilian quarrels. Some may emphasize that when a bastard wants to kill someone, or anyone, he doesn't need a firearm and could do the job with any blade. But not any bastard is as crazed as those two hashshashins seemed to be...

• Like 1

I saw this last night as to Security at military bases yes there is some and it is normally quite effective. As an ex-member of the UK Military (RAF and Army) I find this disgusting, a lot of this comes back to Radicalised Islamist's problem that will happen now is that others will try this on British Military personnel or anyone who looks like they work for the military even those people who are wearing clothing that makes them look military or attached like this soldier was wearing a T-shirt supporting a Charity for military veterans (Help for Heroes). Personally I would give all military personnel a sidearm and let it be known in the news that they are allowed to carry them off base even in civilian clothing. Yes I know there are downfalls to squaddies carrying pistols around with them...

RIP to this Soldier though.

Yet you guys have sharia law in the U.K don't you ? So will these vermin be tried in accordance with British law or sharia ? Fortunately back home in Canada eve the suggestion for sharia didn't get any support (for now).

Edit: R.I.P to the soldier and condolences to his loved ones.

Yet you guys have sharia law in the U.K don't you ? So will these vermin be tried in accordance with British law or sharia ? Fortunately back home in Canada eve the suggestion for sharia didn't get any support (for now).

Edit: R.I.P to the soldier and condolences to his loved ones.

It is not official Sharia law it is more an unofficial thing in the UK. They are allowed to have councils etc but it has no real power as per the Laws of the UK.

Muslims worship the God of Abraham, which is the same God as Christians worship and the same God as the Jews worship. Accusing Christians and Jews of being "infidels" is a gross statement of ignorance. I am of the opinion that using their religion is just a cover for other reasons that criminals do criminal deeds. If hacking people to death with a machete is the cultural norm for their home, what are they doing in the UK. All of this and other comments will not bring back that soldier or citizen though. RIP.

• Like 1

Easy to read too much into this re:- Terrorism. Just two psychopathic Nutjobs, using any agenda possible, to vent their frustrations on unarmed people.

• Like 1

Words cannot fully express the horror of this incident. First and foremost condolences to the family of this young man.

The sad thing is that most of the supporters of this and similar acts will be attending their local job center/ social security office to obtain benefits from the very countries they decry. I am neither racist or xenophobic but I am rapidly forming the point of view that these "persons" (term used very loosely) should be repatriated to the regimes that they support.

• Like 1

I am neither racist or xenophobic but I am rapidly forming the point of view that these "persons" (term used very loosely) should be repatriated to the regimes that they support.

I hear you. Can't the enemy within bugger off to Afghan and be the enemy without?

Easy to read too much into this re:- Terrorism. Just two psychopathic Nutjobs, using any agenda possible, to vent their frustrations on unarmed people.

At the end of the day - spot on.

The best thing about nutjobs is they hang around waiting for the police spouting their lunatic agenda (like anyone cares ) - and then get shot..............I suspect Allah wont save them in jail...if they live that long.

I thought Jack the Ripper was indeed a Londoner, but Bill the Butcher was a New Yorker?! Anyway, that may probably revive the old endless debate, here and elsewhere, about the question of having wide population allowed or not to hold firearms, to avoid inflaming personal civilian quarrels. Some may emphasize that when a bastard wants to kill someone, or anyone, he doesn't need a firearm and could do the job with any blade. But not any bastard is as crazed as those two hashshashins seemed to be...

This will no doubt once again bring up the push to ban kitchen knives in the UK... they came close to succeeding with the ban a few years ago. Funny thing was that one of these attackers was carrying a (banned) handgun at the time of the stabbing.http://media.smh.com.au/news/world-news/mother-confronts-woolwich-killers-4295637.html

Edited by Icarus999

A french soldier was similarily attacked last Saturday around Paris ("LaDefense").

The bad news is : the agressor was not caught (yet), the good news is that the soldier is still alive.

Similar attacks were performed by Mohammed Merrah in France one year ago, after having ambushed and killed 2 soldiers, he then attacked a french jewish school killing 2 children, he was then killed by the police.

It seems to have been a (not so) new "asymetrical warfare" technic for people from the "Al Qaeda.cloud", if we can say

Edited by jeanba

Yes, this is the method of Al Qaeda, but also of other terrorist groups :

With diffuse propaganda, they target the most vulnerable people but it is very hard to arrest the leaders because they are not in the same country and it is harder to prove that the people "representing" the terrorist groups in the attacked country were involved.

It is important that those agressors are caught alive because their interrogation will help in understanding the process and maybe, if we catch several of them, and by comparing what they say, we can catch the "head".

But internet is not guilty on its own, this kind of methods always existed, and there are multiple examples of this, it simply made things easier and more efficient with a larger audience.

Anyway, the agressor of the french soldier was arrested too, and the soldier is out of hospital.