Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Essex Class Carrier (SCB-125) Hi Res

-------------------------

Set of textures for the Thirdwire Essex Class carrier tgats been in the series since 2004 (WOV) - so for any game that has the SCB-125

Edited by MigBuster
  • Like 1

The textures are very nice, but the SCB-125 as it appears in SFG, WOV, WOE does not have the requisite data files to make it operable as an aircraft carrier.

I only found that out after trying every computation of carrier placement in the Korea Campaign, and finally realised the SCB itself was the problem, even before I added your hi-res files.

How did you get the SCB-125 data files?

Thanks

stock in WoV

Thanks, I got it.

Problem was that I wanted to try it in the SFG Korean Campaign. But the SCB-125 folder just has textures, no data or other stuff that is essential to get a carrier working properly.

I realised this when I swapped out the Philipine 47 and replaced it with the Bulwark - everything worked. Then I replaced the Bulwark with SCB-125 and my aircraft is floating on water.

So I used the Cat file extractor on the ground objects cat but couldn't find anything  to do with SCB-125.

Then I had a peek in the WOV and WOE cats, and there were the files, tumbling out like coins from a jackpot.

So much still to learn!

you're going ass backwards...completley different ships with completly different locations for EVERTHING

If you have WoV, just extract everything with "scb125" in the name. BTW, it you have WoE, all the bits are in it's object cat as well. you'll just need the "main ini", which you might have to create to be placed in a newly created SCB-125 folder.

Thanks I've fixed all that now.

I know how to swap aircraft carriers in and out of campaigns, and swap aircraft and squadrons in and out. So I'm flying an F9F-8 Cougar off the SCB-125 in Korea, which I wanted to do.

Not historically accurate, but tremendous fun.