SupGen

F-104A and C Pack for SF2 by SupGen

F-104A and C Pack for SF2 by SupGen

First, read the readmes; all of them! The first two are Spillone104s', this mod is based on his work and those credited in his readmes. Also, as it says in his readmes, you'll need at a minimum SF2E for the stock F-104s. You'll also need to follow the

instructions here: http://combatace.com/topic/57393-flyable-f-104s-for-sf2/ to get the cockpits. This Pack contains six different versions of the Starfighter, three F-104As and three F-104Cs. I felt this was necessary because of the changes that ocurred

over the years; the original A models had no gun and didn't recieve one until 1964, later, in 1967 a number of them recieved the J79-GE-19 engine. The C model was originaly optimized as an interim Nuclear Strike Fighter to fill in until the F-105 came

online, as such it was cleared to carry either the Mk-28 (B28) or Mk-43 (B43) tactical nuclear weapons. Included are dedicated versions of these weapons and Lexx Luthors' Nuke Effects. I've made this an alternate loadout in the later versions(selectable

with the Mission Editor) so if you really want to shake up Uncle Ho, you can. The F-104C also had the ability to carry two more Sidewinders on an under fuselage "Catamaran" ala the F-104G and according to Joe Baugher, while in Viet Nam they did just

that. Raven was good enough to make a version of the "Cat" for both the SEA Camo and standard versions of the F-104C. Batman1978s' Hi-Res Cockpit .Bmps are included, as well as a Radar.bmpfrom Starfighter2s' F-104C Cockpit mod that I cleaned

up a little. Some of the aircraft have benefited from Wrenchs' secondary ADI fix, however, in later versions of the aircraft that had a RWR, the secondary ADI was given over to a visual display. They also use Wrenchs' steerable nose wheel fix, along with

a little bump from Raven. I also modified Spillone104s' "Added 3D Parts" to put the RWR bits on the F-104C_67. I think that's about it; it was a lot of work but if you enjoy it, it's worth it. As always, good luck, good hunting, and give 'em hell!

SupGen,

Frank Rosato

5/24/2013

Good work.

BTW the removed gun by data.ini always shows in early F-104A .... no way to delete it from model and textures too?

And a question: had PAF, RJAF & RoCAF F-104A guns ?

hangar and loadout bmps missing..(called out in all main inis)

AircraftShortName= missing from main ini

otherwise, nicely done

edit: in the data ini's detect system section, it should read:

RadarFamilyName=NASARR

that'll cause teh "104" tag to show on other folks TEWS

Edited by Wrench

Good work.

BTW the removed gun by data.ini always shows in early F-104A .... no way to delete it from model and textures too?

And a question: had PAF, RJAF & RoCAF F-104A guns ?

PAF F-104As most certainly had guns.

hangar and loadout bmps missing..(called out in all main inis)

AircraftShortName= missing from main ini

otherwise, nicely done

edit: in the data ini's detect system section, it should read:

RadarFamilyName=NASARR

that'll cause teh "104" tag to show on other folks TEWS

First, to everyone; thanks for the positive feedback! Second, Wrench, the Hangar and Loadout screens...I dunno what happened there. :blink: But I just noticed something else; the F-104C_67 Userlists' ServiceEndDate should be 1969; the F-104C_SEAs should be 1967. The C model soldiered on in the ANG 'til (I think) 1975, but active service ended in '69. Not only that, I neglected to put call-outs for the userlists in all the aircrafts' main .inis. Doh! As for the last thing, Wrench is absolutely right, RadarFamilyName should be NASARR for the TEWS readout. I can be very literal minded and sometimes blur the line between game function and reality, NASARR stands for North-American-Search-and-Ranging-Radar; knowing that the AN/ASG-14-T series was made by RCA and not North American Aviation...Oh, well. :biggrin:

Edit: Whoops! Wrong files, only the F-104C_SEA is missing the Userlist callout in the main .ini.

Edited by SupGen

Many thanks for your work, :clapping:

FuelFlowIndicator gauge is not working on any of your aircraft (while it works fine on F-104G).

I did not managed to fix it, as cockpit.ini appears to be ok...

Any idea? :dntknw: