mysonsaysaudi

A-6 problem in eburger68 SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion Pack v2.0

I noticed this today when I was playing this mod. Is something missing from my install? simple .ini fix? It only does this with the A-6 no other aircraft. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks guys!

post-52881-0-00743100-1369505480_thumb.jpg

Naming. Be sure the Textures are named 'A-6_NOSE, A-6_BODY.....ect. Usually, When one sees the "Black Jets" it's due to Texture Naming. The game Engine can see the Model, but not the Textures in this Case. Use the Third Wire Naming as an Example on how SF2 reads Textures. Also, Be sure that the Decal.INI and TextureSet.ini are set in Unicode encoding. Also, "Case" (Lower-Upper) makes a difference in Naming.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Okay cool, thanks Killerbee. I'll see what I can do to fix it with the information you've given me. :beer:

Okay cool, thanks Killerbee. I'll see what I can do to fix it with the information you've given me. :beer:

One last thing I forgot, If the Textures read: A-6_1, A-6_2....ect. That's MontyCZ's A-6's. If it goes: A-6_BODY, A-6_NOSE,A-6_TAIL...ect. That's ThirdWire's.

I have had similar problems. Thanks for the information on the skins. Also there is a problem with the A-6A.Data file. I can tell because the tail hook and air breaks are deployed. When I went with the stock data file it corrected the lod.

I have had similar problems. Thanks for the information on the skins. Also there is a problem with the A-6A.Data file. I can tell because the tail hook and air breaks are deployed. When I went with the stock data file it corrected the lod.

That tells Me that there are some Conflicts between MontyCZ's A-6 and the Stock A-6. Check the Read-Me of the "MOD" and see which A-6 they used and why.......Usually due to Cockpit use. I prefer the ThirdWire A-6 Myself.

Okay since it reads like this I need to change it all to read like what you have stated above? Can I copy and paste the Original A-6 Files from 3rd Wire and not use MontyCZ's?

75445465.jpg[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sorry for the imageshack link I couldn't upload the screen shot on here like normal for some reason

Edited by mysonsaysaudi

No Problem, Those Textures are for MontyCZ's A-6. But I bet the A-6A.INI is calling out for the Stock A-6A Model.(More than Likely) What I did is eliminate all instances of Monty's A-6 and used this File instead: http://combatace.com/files/file/12897-a-6-superpack/ I know it's a little of a hassle, but worth it in the long run.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Thank you very much Killerbee. I'm downloading the mod now. I also sent you a "PM"

TheWarrior & mysonsayaudi:

I just checked my local install of the SF2V Expansion Pack with the latest updates applied. I don't see any problems with the A-6A or the A-6B. The skins are fine. The air brakes and tail hook are also fine.

The Expansion Pack uses the stock ThirdWire Intruder, not MontyCZ's Intruder. (The EA-6A and EA-6B uses MontzCZ's models, but those are different aircraft).

If you're seeing problems with the skins, air brakes, or tailhook and those problems are traceable to having bits from the MontzCZ A-6A Intruder in your A-6A folder, then my best guess is that those bits came from the A-6A FOTI package, which the ReadMe advises users to download in order to grab the necessary cockpit files included in that package.

Users should install only the cockpit files, though -- i.e., the cockpit folder. If they install the other files from that package, they probably will encounter the very problems that have been described here -- black aircraft (because the INI file is now referencing the wrong LODs which are themselves referencing non-existent skins), deployed tail hook and air brakes (because the DATA.INI is now referencing the wrong animations).

I would recommend removing the cockpit files (listed above) to a temporary location, then deleting the A-6A (and A-6B, if you modded that aircraft as well) from your SF2V install. Then extract the A-6A (and, optionally, A-6B) from the SF2V Expansion Pack files again, installing them along with any updates from the Jan. 2012 update package, and then finally reinstalling the cockpit files.

That should set things right.

Eric Howes

Edited by eburger68

Sounds good Eric I shall do that. Thanks again for you help as well and the wonderful mod you made.

And, if you can afford the fifteen bucks, buy the Razbaam Intruder and use the pit from that. It's verrrry nice!

That tells Me that there are some Conflicts between MontyCZ's A-6 and the Stock A-6. Check the Read-Me of the "MOD" and see which A-6 they used and why.......Usually due to Cockpit use. I prefer the ThirdWire A-6 Myself.

Yea. I ended up just reinstalling them and now everything is working fine.

TheWarrior & mysonsayaudi:

I just checked my local install of the SF2V Expansion Pack with the latest updates applied. I don't see any problems with the A-6A or the A-6B. The skins are fine. The air brakes and tail hook are also fine.

The Expansion Pack uses the stock ThirdWire Intruder, not MontyCZ's Intruder. (The EA-6A and EA-6B uses MontzCZ's models, but those are different aircraft).

If you're seeing problems with the skins, air brakes, or tailhook and those problems are traceable to having bits from the MontzCZ A-6A Intruder in your A-6A folder, then my best guess is that those bits came from the A-6A FOTI package, which the ReadMe advises users to download in order to grab the necessary cockpit files included in that package.

Users should install only the cockpit files, though -- i.e., the cockpit folder. If they install the other files from that package, they probably will encounter the very problems that have been described here -- black aircraft (because the INI file is now referencing the wrong LODs which are themselves referencing non-existent skins), deployed tail hook and air brakes (because the DATA.INI is now referencing the wrong animations).

I would recommend removing the cockpit files (listed above) to a temporary location, then deleting the A-6A (and A-6B, if you modded that aircraft as well) from your SF2V install. Then extract the A-6A (and, optionally, A-6B) from the SF2V Expansion Pack files again, installing them along with any updates from the Jan. 2012 update package, and then finally reinstalling the cockpit files.

That should set things right.

Eric Howes

It did for me. Thanks.

Edited by TheWarrior

I love his mod!My favorite time and airspace to fly in!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Spinners

View File [Fictional] Grumman A-6A (FN) Intruder Aéronavale
      Grumman A-6A(FN) Intruder for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire A-6A to give a fictional A-6A(FN) as it might have appeared in service with the French Naval Air Arm (Aéronavale) in the 1960's to 1970's period with markings for 12 Flottille and 17 Flottille. 
      You will need to have SF2:V for the A-6A LOD's which are not included here. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the A-6A_FN folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the A-6A_FN folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it! 

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 19th, 2023

Submitter Spinners Submitted 10/07/2010 Category What If Hangar  
    • By Spinners
      Grumman A-6A(FN) Intruder for STRIKE FIGHTERS 2
      This is a very simple mod of the stock Third Wire A-6A to give a fictional A-6A(FN) as it might have appeared in service with the French Naval Air Arm (Aéronavale) in the 1960's to 1970's period with markings for 12 Flottille and 17 Flottille. 
      You will need to have SF2:V for the A-6A LOD's which are not included here. 

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the A-6A_FN folder into your Aircraft folder.
      2. From the DECALS folder drag and drop the A-6A_FN folder into your Decals folder.
      That's it! 

CREDITS
      As always, thanks to Third Wire for a great little game/sim.
      And, finally, thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards 
      Spinners
      Version 2 - October 19th, 2023

• By Nyghtfall

View File SF2 Vietnam Scooters
      SF Vietnam Scooters - v0.95
      ===========================
      *** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
      This pack includes 111 Skins for Thirdwires A-4 Skyhawk-models during Vietnam war from 1964 to 1972. It combines the former v0.01 and v0.02 releases into 1 pack.
      The data.inis for the planes itself are changed from the stockfiles (rearranged weaponsstations, added invisible skids for belly-landings, added new droptanks and missilerails, etc.).
      Sometimes a skin is provided for 2 different Skyhawk-models. This is done to represent different changes througout an ongoing deployment:
      - transition from one Skyhawk-variant to another (for example A-4E to A-4F)
      - retrofit of ECM-equipment (Project Shoehorn) (A-4C to A-4C_65, A-4E to A-4E_65, A-4E_65 to A-4E_67)
      - change in Camouflage (VA-155)
      Skins included (Timeframe 1964 to 1972):
      (compl.) means, that skins, for all deployments to Vietnam are finished for a squadron.
      Navy Squadrons:
      VA-12 Flying Ubangis (compl.)
      VA-15 Valions (1 of 2)
      VA-22 Fighting Redcocks (compl.)
      VA-23 Black Knights (compl.)
      VA-34 Blue Blasters (compl.)
      VA-36 Roadrunners (compl.)
      VA-46 Clansmen (compl.)
      VA-55 Warhorses (4 of 7)
      VA-56 Champions (compl.)
      VA-72 Blue Hawks (compl.)
      VA-76 Spirits (1 of 2)
      VA-93 Blue Blazers (1 of 4)
      VA-94 Mighty Shrikes (3 of 6)
      VA-95 Green Lizards (compl.)
      VA-106 Gladiators (compl.)
      VA-112 Broncos (compl.)
      VA-113 Stingers (1 of 3)
      VA-144 Roadrunners (5 of 6)
      VA-146 Blue Diamonds (1 of 3)
      VA-152 Fighting Aces (compl.)
      VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (compl.)
      VA-155 Silver Foxes (compl.)
      VA-163 Saints (compl.)
      VA-164 Ghost Riders (compl.)
      VA-172 Blue Bolts (compl.)
      VA-192 Golden Dragons (compl.)
      VA-195 Dambusters (4 of 5)
      VA-212 Rampant Raiders (compl.)
      VA-216 Black Diamonds (1 of 3)
      Marines Squadrons:
      VMA-121 Green Knights (compl.)
      VMA-211 Wake Island Avengers (1 of 4)
      VMA-214 Black Sheep (compl.)
      VMA-223 Bulldogs (compl.)
      VMA-225 Vagabonds (compl.)
      VMA-311 Tomcats (1 of 6)
      H&MS-15 Angels (compl.)

Unfortunately I failed at finishing this MOD! For different reasons, I decided to not invest any more time into this.
      I hope you can still enjoy this pack. Have fun!

Unpacking and installation:
      !!! IMPORTANT !!!
      !!! I recommend using this pack for a standalone-Vietnam-War MOD-folder, as planes.inis are changed accordingly
      !!! That means, that no exportusers are in userlist.ini
      Backup your A-4B. A-4B_65, A-4C, A-4C_65, A-4E, A-4E_65, A-4E_67 and A-4F planefolders, as .inis will be overwritten
      1. Create a temporary folder, copy all 3 zip-files into that folder and unpack them into this folder (overwrite is ok)
      Info: If you do NOT want to include the changed data.inis to your installation, just go to all planes-folders in the temporary folder (Objects/Aircraft/A-4B, etc.) and delete all ini.files in each planes-folder.
      2. open "Put_Contents_In_Your_MOD_Folder" from the temporary folder and copy the contents you want to your Vietnam-MOD-folder
      3. if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'
      4. Thats it!

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK the game and models
      - FastCargo for the fakepilot
      - Alejandro for Escapac-Seat
      - OldDiego for pilotmodels
      - ravenclaw_007 for AGM-12C+E Bullpup
      - ???? for Walleye_I model
      - ???? for sounds
      - me - template, skins, decals, ini- and 3D-work of tanks, rails and addons, walleye-repaint
      P.S.
      ====
      This MOD or parts of it may not be included in any PAYWARE-packs, PAYWARE-mods or "PAY"-related. It is free!
      If you use the MOD or parts of it, you should give proper credits.

Submitter Nyghtfall Submitted 10/13/2022 Category A-4  
    • By Nyghtfall
      SF Vietnam Scooters - v0.95
      *** SF2, SF2V required. Tested in full 5-merged installation ***
      This pack includes 111 Skins for Thirdwires A-4 Skyhawk-models during Vietnam war from 1964 to 1972. It combines the former v0.01 and v0.02 releases into 1 pack.
      The data.inis for the planes itself are changed from the stockfiles (rearranged weaponsstations, added invisible skids for belly-landings, added new droptanks and missilerails, etc.).
      Sometimes a skin is provided for 2 different Skyhawk-models. This is done to represent different changes througout an ongoing deployment:
      - transition from one Skyhawk-variant to another (for example A-4E to A-4F)
      - retrofit of ECM-equipment (Project Shoehorn) (A-4C to A-4C_65, A-4E to A-4E_65, A-4E_65 to A-4E_67)
      - change in Camouflage (VA-155)
      Skins included (Timeframe 1964 to 1972):
      (compl.) means, that skins, for all deployments to Vietnam are finished for a squadron.
      Navy Squadrons:
      VA-12 Flying Ubangis (compl.)
      VA-15 Valions (1 of 2)
      VA-22 Fighting Redcocks (compl.)
      VA-23 Black Knights (compl.)
      VA-34 Blue Blasters (compl.)
      VA-36 Roadrunners (compl.)
      VA-46 Clansmen (compl.)
      VA-55 Warhorses (4 of 7)
      VA-56 Champions (compl.)
      VA-72 Blue Hawks (compl.)
      VA-76 Spirits (1 of 2)
      VA-93 Blue Blazers (1 of 4)
      VA-94 Mighty Shrikes (3 of 6)
      VA-95 Green Lizards (compl.)
      VA-106 Gladiators (compl.)
      VA-112 Broncos (compl.)
      VA-113 Stingers (1 of 3)
      VA-144 Roadrunners (5 of 6)
      VA-146 Blue Diamonds (1 of 3)
      VA-152 Fighting Aces (compl.)
      VA-153 Blue Tail Flies (compl.)
      VA-155 Silver Foxes (compl.)
      VA-163 Saints (compl.)
      VA-164 Ghost Riders (compl.)
      VA-172 Blue Bolts (compl.)
      VA-192 Golden Dragons (compl.)
      VA-195 Dambusters (4 of 5)
      VA-212 Rampant Raiders (compl.)
      VA-216 Black Diamonds (1 of 3)
      Marines Squadrons:
      VMA-121 Green Knights (compl.)
      VMA-211 Wake Island Avengers (1 of 4)
      VMA-214 Black Sheep (compl.)
      VMA-223 Bulldogs (compl.)
      VMA-225 Vagabonds (compl.)
      VMA-311 Tomcats (1 of 6)
      H&MS-15 Angels (compl.)

Unfortunately I failed at finishing this MOD! For different reasons, I decided to not invest any more time into this.
      I hope you can still enjoy this pack. Have fun!

Unpacking and installation:
      !!! IMPORTANT !!!
      !!! I recommend using this pack for a standalone-Vietnam-War MOD-folder, as planes.inis are changed accordingly
      !!! That means, that no exportusers are in userlist.ini
      Backup your A-4B. A-4B_65, A-4C, A-4C_65, A-4E, A-4E_65, A-4E_67 and A-4F planefolders, as .inis will be overwritten
      1. Create a temporary folder, copy all 3 zip-files into that folder and unpack them into this folder (overwrite is ok)
      Info: If you do NOT want to include the changed data.inis to your installation, just go to all planes-folders in the temporary folder (Objects/Aircraft/A-4B, etc.) and delete all ini.files in each planes-folder.
      2. open "Put_Contents_In_Your_MOD_Folder" from the temporary folder and copy the contents you want to your Vietnam-MOD-folder
      3. if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'
      4. Thats it!

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK the game and models
      - FastCargo for the fakepilot
      - Alejandro for Escapac-Seat
      - OldDiego for pilotmodels
      - ravenclaw_007 for AGM-12C+E Bullpup
      - ???? for Walleye_I model
      - ???? for sounds
      - me - template, skins, decals, ini- and 3D-work of tanks, rails and addons, walleye-repaint
      P.S.
      ====
      This MOD or parts of it may not be included in any PAYWARE-packs, PAYWARE-mods or "PAY"-related. It is free!
      If you use the MOD or parts of it, you should give proper credits.

• By Ferrilata
      Hi! I'm trying to start building addon campaigns for eburger68's amazing SF2V Air & Ground War Expansion mod. I'm trying to start by making a "red" version of the Easter Offensive campaign called "Red Fiery Summer", where the player is a VPAF pilot in an alternate Easter Offensive where the PAVN/NLF ground forces had air support. The missions would be more varied than the ones in eburger68's own VPAF addon, with strike, recon, and CAS missions in addition to CAP and Intercept.

If anyone can help me get it set up and working, or at least teach me how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
      Attached below are my files for the campaign as they currently exist
      Fer_RedFierySummer.INI
      Fer_RedFierySummer_DATA.INI
      Fer_RedFierySummerEnd.TXT
      Fer_RedFierySummerSTART.TXT
      Fer_RedFierySummerSTART1.TXT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..