Sign in to follow this  
don246

Any ideas how to stop this ?

Hi I just had a quick mission and this is what I was confronted with the British airship R23 seem to be too close together, any one with any idea as to stop the airships mating this way.

post-21673-0-82630600-1369766165_thumb.jpg

Well, as I said in the readme, these airships are intended to be used in Campaign mode (with units of one airship and one pilot). They are not useful in single missions, because they are treated as bombers by the game engine. Thus, the game creates a bomber flight of various Airships...but They are way too big to use bomber formations.

Quack was working in a formation mod for these, but it requires to have also a new Nations.ini or something like that...

I was working on that and it does work. As Ojcar said there does need to be a new "Nation" added to the Nations.INI and a new parameter needs to be added to the Formations.INI. Both are found in the Flight folder. The best that could be done with the formation of airships is 1 to 2 airships at any given time. Sometimes only one will show. The programing doesn't always allow just a one aircraft formation. Let me get back to it to make sure and I'll post something.

Edited by quack74

Thank you guys for the reply, I must read the readmes more. I have recently installed Ojdcar's excelent Armchair Aces Redux and found it quite a marathen adding all the stuff from just the orignal FE2 so I did not read all the readme's.

Enjoying FE2 so much with all the addon's it transforms the sim, as for the airship formation it's not sutch a big deal I can live with it.

Just remove them from the Object/Aircraft folder for now so they wont show up in single missions like that. Atleast till I get the right data up for you guys. Been busy with the Nieuport 28's but just about done.