Sign in to follow this  
dare2

Smoke generation of destroyed ground targets.

Hey! I managed to put together some very interesting missions in both Vietnam and Europe.

These involes SEAD and strike (Amo dumps, runways, Fuel storage etc) as well as large furballs over the target base for protecting the strikers.

Unfortunately i can't see much of the ground mayhem while dogfighting and even after doing a quick recce, there isn't much apparent damages, .

Any idea how to get amo bunkers and fuel to generate large explosions and smoke, or/and runways to show real damages after the strikers hits them?

The number of targets are still limited so i guess it wouldn't be an issue in terms of how long the smoke generators would be operating.

Thanks for your suggestions! Regards to all.

Dare2.

Some of the effects packs out there might already cover the large and prolonged explosions - but they will affect FPS rate.

Not so sure on the runway - would need damage textures at least you would think - suspect its been looked at

Not so sure on the runway - would need damage textures at least you would think - suspect its been looked at

Use the bomb crater lod, and mod the texure so it emulates concrete rubble instead of dirt.

Edited by Fubar512

done in the terrain _Types.ini

there are statements for destroyed models, destroyed effect and percentages of said effect.

I always raise mine to 100%

unfortunately, a great deal of the terrain objects DON't have a destroyed model called out, low percentages and/or wrong destroyed effect (example below is a fuel tank taht does)

[TargetType009]

Name=fueltank1

FullName=Fuel Tank

ModelName=fueltank1.lod

TargetType=FUEL_STORAGE

ActiveYear=0

TargetValue=200

UseGroundObject=FALSE

DamagePoint=0.010

ArmorValue=0.0

ArmorType=0

RepairRate=0.555

StartDetectChance=0

StartIdentifiedChance=0

IncreaseDetectChanceKey=0

MaxVisibleDist=8000.0

DamagedModel=

DestroyedEffect=LargeBombEffect

DestroyedModel=fueltank1_destroyed.lod

SecondaryChance=100

SecondaryEffect=MediumOilFireEffect

so, one would need to go line by line through all the types inis (and I do this ALL the frakking time!!), and make the corrections

Thank you guys for your inputs! Greatly appreciated.

I know the effects pack designed for ODS (and later released as a sort of addendum to the other packs) has really great iron bomb effects that usually leave smoke trails around the main one, simulating fires from secondaries. But, like MigBuster said, they will affect the FPS rate