I not deleted textures!

???

Hello,

I downloaded the package and I copied the folders

I not deleted textures!

???

Here the my folder

http://imageshack.us/a/img835/6968/cockpity.jpg

you need to open the su-17_cockpit.LOD with a hexeditor, and "Search" for bmp and tga. note down the name of each texture, and compare that list to the bmps and tgas in the cockpit folder.

it's very possilbe the lod is referencing textures from one the stock cat files (as this is originally a 1stGen mod, those textures MAY be missing from the folder. they may need to be extracted and placed INSIDE the cockpit folder)

unfortunatley, the OUT file dosen't list them, so it's "The Hard Way" to find them

you need to open the su-17_cockpit.LOD with a hexeditor, and "Search" for bmp and tga. note down the name of each texture, and compare that list to the bmps and tgas in the cockpit folder.

it's very possilbe the lod is referencing textures from one the stock cat files (as this is originally a 1stGen mod, those textures MAY be missing from the folder. they may need to be extracted and placed INSIDE the cockpit folder)

unfortunatley, the OUT file dosen't list them, so it's "The Hard Way" to find them

Yes, but I can not do!

If it painting, then yes...

I'm sad!

On the other hand, any Su-17/22 type are affected by this problem!

:fie:

Can you post a screenshot? I just checked the cockpit.lod and all the textures are there.

I just found the screenshot.

Edited by RAVEN

that is only the glareshield and on my game it shows "correct" in black , are you using nvidia or AMD graphic board ???

if you have all skins in your cockpit folder than the only thing i could think of is that the glareshield has no texture assigned , what would normaly results in SF2 that it shows up black

there are some other cockpits with that issue , i dont remember the name of the thread but somebody else reportet a similar thing

Now this is strange ,I pulled every bmp and tga out of the cockpit folder and this is what I got. No texture is assigned to the meshes that are black.

post-300-0-46346800-1369979699_thumb.jpg

that is exactly what i mention above , all surfaces that are not assigned with any texture will show up black , at least in theory

What radar mod are you using. The A-6A had the same problem with adding TVDisplay.

I think I can help here, give some time till this evening, will be late at home and maybe I can find the solution this weekend

that is only the glareshield and on my game it shows "correct" in black , are you using nvidia or AMD graphic board ???

if you have all skins in your cockpit folder than the only thing i could think of is that the glareshield has no texture assigned , what would normaly results in SF2 that it shows up black

there are some other cockpits with that issue , i dont remember the name of the thread but somebody else reportet a similar thing

Hello,

I am using ATI HD5800 card

What radar mod are you using. The A-6A had the same problem with adding TVDisplay.

I do not turn on the radar, it is white!

I think I can help here, give some time till this evening, will be late at home and maybe I can find the solution this weekend

I would be very grateful, because I love these type of Sukhoi!!!

:bye:

Thank you!

Zsolt

the easy way is to assign a texture to the part but to do that you need the max file

@.Martin , do you have the max file for the cockpit ????

the easy way is to assign a texture to the part but to do that you need the max file

What is the max file?

The Max file is the source file used in 3d Studio max to make the cockpit 3d object, and from that file you export the .LOD file. Only the author has the .max file. That being said, there is always a slim hope of the file being around somewhere. Who has made this cockpit anyway?

The Max file is the source file used in 3d Studio max to make the cockpit 3d object, and from that file you export the .LOD file. Only the author has the .max file. That being said, there is always a slim hope of the file being around somewhere. Who has made this cockpit anyway?

A Su-17/22 package contains the cockpit!

- SF2_Fitters.7z

- Su-22F-M3.7z

- 39890SUSIE.rar

etc....

Edited by magua

About the author, I have no idea, should be mentioned in the readme file

- 39890SUSIE.rar : @paulopanz

- SF2_Fitters.7z : Eric Howes

- Su-22F-M3.7z : Spectre8750

the original author is ArmorDave

And

the original author is ArmorDave

And (before anyone asks), ArmourDave "retired" from the freeware modding scene about 8 years ago. Also, the MAX files for all his SF models were lost due to a hard drive crash.

i had the source for the Su17 that was great but now its a bit.. corrupted.

About the pit, as I wrote we need to check what texture this part is calling for.

After the cad file reorganisations patch i have this problem too

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

so it is an issue that only apears above a certain patch level ????

I have and I plan updated and -22 etc out of it
  • Like 1