Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Windows 8 U Turn on desktop startup

I downgraded back down to Windows 7. Not a big fan of 8

Edited by porterjr

8 should be much faster than 7 with less resource hunger!??

I have been using Win8 for about 2 months now and the difference is noticeable. Start-up and shutdown times are greatly reduced. On the whole the package is much neater and uses far less resources than previous versions.

So far I haven't encountered any major compatibility issues and everything seems quite stable.

When I got my new pc, I jumped straight from XP to Windows 8. At first, I couldn't stand it, because I couldn't seem to do things the way I was used to doing them, but once I learned how Windows 8 does things, I found it quite easy to use. I did have to look up one tutorial page on the web (multiple windows), but once I did that, I found my initial problems disappeared, and I liked the internet page type of navigation within a window. Just a question of an old dog proving he could learn new tricks. There are still things I don't like about the way it does some things, but there were things I didn't like about the way XP did things, and 95 did things, etc. It starts much faster, and it's very stable.

I don't start or shut down my PC often enough that the time it takes is an issue. Pretty much one per day.

Windows 8 is crap. I've tried and I didn't like it. People talk about how fast it is, but it didn't seem anything special compared to my Windows 7 with SSD.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"