Sign in to follow this  
petertheelf

7.1 Sound problem - Advice needed

Hi Everyone,

I need some help with an issue with sound that I can't solve, despite a lot of experimentation and searching of forums.

I have an Onkyo HT-R590 amplifier which I run in 7.1 mode. It has a maze of various surround modes and suchforth. I also have a set of Razer headphones which runs a simulated 7.1 surround sound. the sound I get from the Razer is excellent as it takes a stereo source and converts it into what it thinks is surround (more of less). It's good enough to l keep things quiet while the wife is watching TV. When I switch to the speakers, the sound of the engines is only heard when I am pointing my head to the side. if I am looking straight ahead, the sound cuts out altogether. I would imagine there should be sound coming from the center speaker. I can't seem to find a setting on the amplifier which will handle the old stereo signal and divide all the sounds between the front two speakers only. I may be missing something obvious here, but if anyone has had a similar problem, or can make a suggestion, I would appreciate the assistance.

Peter

I have 7.1 hooked to my laptop and I had to set the input to 4chanel to get surround. Hope this helps?