Hello :biggrin: , well I have Strike Fighters 2 and all its expansions(vietnam, israel, europe, israel expansion 1, europe expansion 2, north atlantic) all have been installed properly and updated to march 2012.

Here are my problems, firstly when i try the singleplayer for north atlantic or the campaign, the game freeze as soon as i click on accept.

Secondly some of my SF2 games (example vietnam and the first SF2) have some problems with the keys, they don't match properly (e.g if in options i've put f1 key to switch on radar, its not toggling radar off and on but its switching radar range which i normally mapped to be f2 key). This problem is not present in other games like SF2 israel expansion and europe expansion, i know i can access the campaign for vietnam through SF2 israel expansion and play it with the correct key mapping. (but when I try to access North Atlantic map for singleplayer or campaign it freezes obviously)

So is there any way these can be fixed? And are these problems related to one another? :blink:

Any help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance :biggrin::baby:

(please note that the freezing problem is also present sometimes with some mods, like i have a mod which pits aircraft carriers against one another (here is the link: http://combatace.com/files/file/13959-carrier-duel-ara-25-de-mayo-vs-hms-invincible/ ) it does not always freeze in singleplayer, only when i try to fly some aircrafts using the terrain provided by this mod in singleplayer)

People here are going to need a little more info about your system in order to help you effectively; cpu, memory, graphics card, etc. I have a mid range system in modern terms, and I found TK's original Iceland Terrain unusable, so I downloaded this one:

http://combatace.com...ge__hl__ gerwin

It's a great, traditional style terrain, and it works. As far as your controls problems go, I usually get my controls set in one version of the sim, copy that controls folder into the other mods folders, and then make each file read only in its attributes, so the game can't copy them back.

Hope some of this helps.

Edited by Heck

Well I have an

HP Probook 4530s

Intel core i3-2330M CPU 2.20GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB

Intel HD Graphic card

Windows 7

64bit operating system

DirectX 10

They don't call it Iceland for nothing!

Thanks for posting your system specs. I think your freezing problems might be due to your shared memory graphics chip, but someone with a lot more computer savy than I have is going to have to chime in. I do know that these sims can cause problems with shared graphics chips. I would highly recommend you try Gerwin's Iceland, because you seem to be able to run the other SF2 stock terrains, although you should look at lowering settings in your graphics options if you do. My system is a desktop with an i5 processor, a 1 gig dedicated video card, and 8 gigs of ram, but TK's Iceland is still a slide show on any decent graphics settings. It's unplayable. Gerwin's runs great on my system, because it works like the other stock SF2 terrains do. I'm sorry I can't help much, so some of our resident computer experts will have to chime in on this one.

Thanks for the help Heck. :biggrin:

But I remember the first time i had installed North Atlantic,it ran i still remember taking off in a F-14 from an aircraft carrier in single player :p

Thanks for posting your system specs. I think your freezing problems might be due to your shared memory graphics chip, but someone with a lot more computer savy than I have is going to have to chime in. I do know that these sims can cause problems with shared graphics chips.

HP Probook 4530s - it would appear that this is one of the Notebook models that HP have upgraded to include AMD graphics - so with that in mind I would have to agree with Heck and say it is graphics or more accurately graphics memory. The problem is that you have all the apps needed to run the Notebook plus the sim itself trying to use your 4gb BEFORE the graphics processor demands what it needs. To minimise (NOT CURE) the problem, I would suggest that you shut down as many uneeded processes as possible e.g. you don't need to be connected to the internet to play SF2 so disconnect and disable your virus protection and firewall. This will at least stop these scanning every file that is called and cut down the processing time for them. Same with things such as aero desktop and windows 7 visual niceties - the sim doesn't need them so shut them down to turf them out of RAM whilst you fly. There should be lists of processes somewhere on the internet that can be shutdown whilst playing games etc - AMD used to provide an app for thier processors/chipsets which did this automatically when a game was launched - it might be worth looking for a compatible app for your machine which will do a similar thing.

Last point - IF YOU DO TURN PROCESSES/APPLICATIONS OFF WHILST RUNNING SF2 - REMEMBER TO TURN THEM BACK AFTER YOU FINISH (sorry for CAPS but this is important to safeguard your machine)

EDIT - just seen your latest post - bear in mind each update or mod will bloat the sim i.e. it needs a bigger share of RAM to run.

Edited by Spiritwalker69

March2012 had definite Control.ini issues. Check the KB. Onboard graphics chips are not sufficent to run the Iceland terrain. You should probably go to a later patch, and definitely get a dedicated graphics card.

Freeze problem - have you deleted in stock jets from the mod folders?

If you cut and paste out the mod folder for SF2NA only and run the game to create a new folder does it run okay?

Keys problem - one patch had a keys problem like that that TK had to patch (check the TW forums or patch readmes) - suggest patching to the newest patch maybe

Well it did work perfectly when I lowered the resolution and lowered the details from high to medium :biggrin:. So it was a graphics issue. Thanks for the advice everyone. I just need to correct that key mapping issue now. I hope I find the patch to correct this

:fool: It didn't solve the key mapping problem unfortunately neither the May 2013 update solved it i don't know why but that doesn't matter, I've got a new issue. My Addon aircrafts don't have weapon loadout on loadout screen accordingly to their mission type(intercept,strike, Air combat patrol, etc) How can this happen? :dntknw: Can this be solved?

reinstall it bone stock, and see what happens.

by chance, is there an AircraftObject.ini floating around your install from a download? If so, rename so the game wont' see it and test again

Hi I love the campaign thus far but there is a problem.

All the options in campaign seem to work unless I choose a french campaign flying the Super Etendard.As soon as I setup my loadout and I go to fly it freezes and CTDS at 40%.I have installed your campaign fine but something is wrong here.

Edited by soldat37

So if you choose another jet the campaign works?

Can you fly the Super Etendard in a single mission?

None of the french campaigns work but the rest do.If I choose the F8 or Etendard it freezes at 40%

Single missions work fine for these jets its the campaign aspect thats broken.

Ok I have narrowed down the errors to the 1975 campaign involving french and UK Navy.I cannot fly the campaigns involving either of these countries.The Bucaneer unit also fails at 40%.And the 1986 GR3 it seems the problem is with these 2 naval groups.

Edited by soldat37

Nothing is blocked.Everything is off.Its only these few groups in campaigns that fail.All the others work.

Sorry which mod are you using exactly? - generally some files will be missing or something is not in the correct place