Sign in to follow this  
paulopanz

Pacific War Campaigns

I'ld point You (i.e. those who have access) to the A-TEAM site for a new big pack (complete install) for SF-2 about 1942 clashes around Solomoms Islands.

As You know my intersts are mainly for '50-'70 jets, but the number of new planes, the 4 campaigns and the ships inside the pack are simply fantastic.

With few replacements/add-ons from Rising Sun it could be quite perfect.

BTW I'm very sad for limited access to that site and my wishes are for a Whole, friendly and happy SF-2 modding community.

In fact there are models made 2 times (here and there) and so many models still to do .....

These are my poor two cents (Absit iniuria verbis).

Have fun.

@ paul

Edited by paulopanz
  • Like 2

Thanks Paulo, I'm definitely going to check that out. :declare:

Complete and utter asshattery if you ask me. To the point that I've never even bothered to try to get access. Why would anyone make something for free and then limit who can download it?

Because of some dispute between this folks of this site and the owner at that (who used to be on here). Having had an account there, which was deleted when i forgot only one major d/l a day, i can only say you need to leave hattery off when describing the folks at thst site. My funniest memory was being told he didnt see a point in SF2. Anyone seen the downlosd section there in the last year

• Like 1

I absolutely didn't want to revamp old disputes (I'm totally out of them), I only liked to inform You about this.

That's all.

Edited by paulopanz
  • Like 1

There are many people at this site who still work with Capun; the dispute preceded my involvement here and shouldn't affect anyone who wasn't involved in it; I have friends who can't stand one another and yet I'm friends with both. DA, I screwed up over there and had my download privileges terminated also; I answered the E-mail, apoligized, and explained that it had been an honest mistake (I'd been up 'til the wee hours (A.M.) one night and d/loaded some stuff, and then d/loaded some more when I got home from work the "next" day (24 hour clock)). Capun took it into account and my d/load privileges were restored. I also made a cash donation afterwards, I also pony up here. These sites cost money to run and I think anyone who runs one, whether it's Eric or Capun, is doing it because they love this Sim and the community that's involved with it, but lovin' it don't pay for it. 'K, just wanted to say that cuz I think Capun gets a bad rap sometimes, I mean, Razbaam does stuff for SF1/2 and charges money for it; and it looks like they're following the money to DCS. DAT produces a lot of stuff for SF and it's free, a lot of work for no money. Alright, that being said, if anyone does have access to A-Team downloads, run, do not walk, and get this. I can only say: GREAT!!! Worth it for the Coral Sea Campaign alone; just what I was looking for, Carrier vs Carrier in the South Pacific! Hopefully, battles like Eastern Solomons and Santa Cruz will be featured in future update packs. For those who've gotten it, the Mission Editor problem can be fixed by extracting a new MISSIONEDITOR.INI, adding the statement for the .Wav file, and dropping it into the Menu folder. Again, if you can get this, do so. Congragulations to all concerned.

I Have A Lot Of Protected Content From Multiple Sites.I Find Its More Of A PITA To Keep Track Of Content And Avoid A Posting Mistake.That Being The Case I Think DAT Teams Work Is Great But I Would Not Apply For Usage Rights.My WWII Mods Are Best Served By Pacific Fighters And iL2 Where My First Mod Was To Recreate Maj Bongs Campaign.BTW It Was FC1 Mistake Using Starforce Security Which Drove Me Back To Strike Fighters Series.Im And Old G-Max FSX Fart At Heart And Still Use A Lot Of Old Utilities To Get Around.

Hey, I'm 57 and didn't get my first computer until 2009. Then I built this one; Core I7 860 O'Cd to 3.6GHz, Biostar T5XE Motherboard, 8 Gigs of Kingston Hyperx 1333 RAM, and a RadeonHD 6870 Vid card. So you can teach old dogs/donkeys new tricks.

SupGen, lets say in the bit of dealings i've had personally i do prefer the company here much better. i wouldn't mind the account and did apologize afterwards. lets say i did not like how it all went down so i try not to stress myself over it. however on the bright side, my perception of those events have helped push me to taking a Sim and Game Design cirriculum and i hope to use my GI Bill to both get 3DS Max skills, and poss refunded school money to get max2009.

sorry bout the major OT, rant done. it sounds like a good mod and i look forward to the screenies.

let's just say, as someone intimately involved in the situation when it all went down, it got pretty f***ing ugly.

As things are now, everyone of those Big Name involved with the s**tstorm, on this site, all but one has left the community. And that ONE is no longer (really) involved in 3w modding.

With so few modders really left for this sim -and seeminly fewer mainstream modelers/modders everyday, expecially with respect to WW2 modding-, and the fact that 80+% of all ww2 items are theirs, methinks that perhaps it's time they declared "the experiment is over". The results are in, and they won.

Perhaps it may be time for CP to revist some the policies. I'm not saying "throw it wide open"; even we have a sign up.

BUT...

our downloads are readily available to anyone, even non members. Might be something to consider. Limits are ok .. we have them too.

But let those that want the items, be able to get them

If CP wishes to keep the 'no hosting elsewhere policy'. Fine! Just allow people to get the mods. It's a plus for the ENTIRE community, not just us PropHeads. A plus for 3W as well, as more folks may want to get the games.

===

now, speaking of the mod... and I've just gotten the terrain part, ...and droppped their Solomons into my PTO mods folder.

well, I like the tiles.

• Like 1