I just installed the May 2013 patch and everything seems to be fine except for one thing. If I set the antialiasing setting in the options.ini to higher than 4, I can't seem to get a mission to go to the debriefing screen when I'm finished. Befor the 2013 patch I had the antialiasing set to 16 and everything was fine. Not sure why this is happening, so does anyone have an idea? Once again the game and missions work fine, but as soon as a mission ends the screen just goes black and the debriefing screen never comes up.

Edited by warthog64

Come on, the suspense is killing us!!!

yeah, serisoulsy!!

ya can't just post "Oh, I found the answer", and NOT tell us!!

that just rude, dude!! :biggrin:

Sorry everybody, my bad. Well I changed ForceDirectX9 from False to True and the debrief screen came up after a mission. However the effects are now all screwed up and look terrible, it's not worth having the effects look so bad so now I'm back to the original issue. Didn't notice this last night because I just started a mission and ended it to see if this fixed the issue. It was today that I noticed the bad effects. Looks like I will just have to go back to the June 2012 patch.

Edited by warthog64

Or you could try Sweetfx which uses a different version of AA (FXAA or MSAA or whatev)

Or you could try Sweetfx which uses a different version of AA (FXAA or MSAA or whatev)

Tried it and still same issue, thanks though Centurion-1

Can you force AA level in your graphics driver options panel?

Well I reinstalled SF2 with the May 2013 patch and it looks a lot better with antialiasing set to 4. Not sure why but it works.

Because it's not 4X antialising, it is 16x.  Bit position 4 = 16.