Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

wing hardpoints and launcher rails

I know it has been debated in the past. I read some of the posts but still there is nothing clear in my mind so I want , once again, to clarify this matter. The analogy of the matter would be this, if I got it right:

If the aircraft model has NO attachment hardpoints (just in theory I mean) you can't attach anything, so you cannot attach launchrails. Capun or somebody else, I can't remember right now, said that there is a pylon of which you can attach launchrails of, made in 3DMax and it was a link to it. The link is no more available. My ask is to clarify the matter and if there is a solution (or a workaround) to add launchrails with a "fake" pylon or anything of that sort. I want to know where I can download that pylon and instructions to get it right, to get the job done. I asked that because I was wanting to be able to add a launchrail for air-to-air missile to some plae. I tried in vain , using all I could think of, to make some launchrails to work with that plane.

As far as I know there isn't a 3D model on this site to fulfill your wishes, and capun's on the mark, the rail has to be specifically built as part of the model and setup so when you load an appropriate missile, the pylon with the rail shows up.

ok, many thanks for your insight.