Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

Seeking advice from my OFF brethren.

Primary Hard Drive1 x 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive

Thanks Lothar....but isn't "TB" a Terabyte? If so I should be fine, if not.....1GB definately will not be adequate.  lol

ZZ.

Haha ZZ, that's what I meant!

Two reasons you might want to consider a second drive even if 1TB is enough, if you get a motherboard that supports RAID. You can mirror the drives, so if one fails your computer keeps working and you don't lose any data, giving you a chance to replace the failed drive. Or you can stripe data across the drives and make it act like a single 1TB drive that's twice as fast... though not as fast as an SSD it'd be much cheaper and offer far more space.

Ahhh, I see. Can this be added later if I do not opt for it presently? I guess I'll have to check to see if the   MSI z87 G43    motherboard allows for Raid as you mentioned.

ZZ.