I just got Sf2 and when i run the game the effects, sounds, Decals, Pilots and Weapons don't appear

Can some one help me?

Maybe your folders are in the wrong place (sounds,effects... In the object folder)

No I've looked every were in my strike fighters 2 folder and i cant find them

You have to go to where ever you unziped the effects, sounds, decals... , and "copy-paste" them into the SF2 folder (!)

What OS are you using? AFAIK if you're using Windows XP or Vista, then you should be looking in "My Documents" for your SF2 mods folder.

If you mean that these are not in your mod folder, and this is a fresh install, I can recommend you creating the folders yourself.I have tested this and it was successful.

What OS are you using? AFAIK if you're using Windows XP or Vista, then you should be looking in "My Documents" for your SF2 mods folder.

i am using win 7

i already searched through tha

If you mean that these are not in your mod folder, and this is a fresh install, I can recommend you creating the folders yourself.I have tested this and it was successful.

ok i will try that

btw what are the mod folders?

i tried what thodouras95 said but it still doenot work when i try to install mod thy dont show up

Then you are doing something very wrong

In Windows 7:

C:\Users\[Name]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 [Version]\

This is the location of where your mods go.

EDIT: Or just go to your profile, to Saved Games, then you'll see ThirdWire, etc. rather than typing in the above (in case you have a different breakdown).

EDIT 2: Did you boot the game once before looking for the mod folder?

Edited by Caesar

C:\Users\[Name]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 [Version]\

This is the location of where your mods go.

thats what i did

Were you able to define the folder during setup? Also, where does the folder chain break? (i.e. do you have a ThirdWire folder, but no StrikeFighters2 folder, or do you have no ThirdWire folder at all, or...)? Might recommend a re-install, then run once, then check your Saved Games folder.

well when i installed and it gave me the thirdwire folder but i had to make the strike fighters folder myself

Run the game then exit

Make sure you are looking here C:\Users\[Name]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 [Version] - and NOT in Program Files where the game is installed because they are different!

i installed strike fighters in D:\ though

oh no i found it thank you so much :D

i also apologize for wasting your time sice many other people were pointing that out

Welcome to the wonderful world of SF2! I hope you enjoy all that the game offers. I highly suggest, when you've progressed a bit in how things work, moving the mod folder into the Thirdwire folder. I have found it helps ALOT with multiple installs and sorting what mods (mostly stand alones) go where. It's fairly easy to do and keeps your C drive clear for OS stuff.

Edited by TeargasHorse

ok will do  :biggrin:

P.S this is probably the most friendliest community I've joined :D  

here's a screenshot, in Windows 7 of mods folders in my /SavedGames section. your's should look something like this (less the other 'non stock' ww2 stuff)