Uh,Just why should anyone Update with this patch?What were the gains supposed to be?

truth be told, it's messing more that it (seems) to fix (see stickied thread about the landing gears and such, and the thread over at the DAT site)

OTH, you can't install DLC 28 (F-104A/C, S-99/S-199) without it.

"just when you thought It was safe to go back to modding" (to paraphrase the "Jaws" advert...)

oh well, we adapt and evolve; we hope!

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the frame rate?

Or am I just dreaming................oh look at the flying pigs.............that was me dreaming. Seriously though I do believe I have set up some higher graphics and got better frame rates. Even when I press next event, there is not the 2-3 second lag anymore.

Edited by gillg

Has anyone checked the stock TW P-51D to see if (It blows up) if not, has the TailGear data changed with the patch?

Data April 10, 2013
-------------------
[TailGear]
SystemType=LANDING_GEAR
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=5.0
AnimationID=1
DragArea=0.08
HideGearNode=TRUE
ModelNodeName=tail_gear_strut
InsideNodeName=TailGearBay_Inside
ShockAnimationID=5
ShockStroke=0.12
SpringFactor=2.0
DampingFactor=1.8
WheelNodeName=tail_wheel
RotationAxis=X-AXIS
ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE
RollingRadius=0.13
CastoringWheel=TRUE
CastoringNodeName=tail_gear_piston_end
Steerable=TRUE
MaxSteeringSpeed=30.88
Locking=FALSE
MaxSteeringAngle=45.0
InputName=YAW_CONTROL
ControlRate=1.0
HasBrakes=FALSE
RollingCoefficient=0.05
MaxDeploySpeed=75.67
MaxLoadFactor=4.0
DetachNode[001]=tail_gear_door_L
DetachNode[002]=tail_gear_door_R

• Like 1

Hello Raven,

In my May updated install I have verified I have the same parameters.

Best regards,

Coupi.

Extracted this afternoon from the data.ini May 2013:

[TailGear]
SystemType=LANDING_GEAR
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=5.0
AnimationID=1
DragArea=0.08
HideGearNode=TRUE
ModelNodeName=tail_gear_strut
InsideNodeName=TailGearBay_Inside
ShockAnimationID=5
ShockStroke=0.12
SpringFactor=2.0
DampingFactor=1.8
WheelNodeName=tail_wheel
RotationAxis=X-AXIS
ReverseModelOrientation=TRUE
RollingRadius=0.13
CastoringWheel=TRUE
CastoringNodeName=tail_gear_piston_end
Steerable=TRUE
MaxSteeringSpeed=30.88
Locking=FALSE
MaxSteeringAngle=45.0
InputName=YAW_CONTROL
ControlRate=1.0
HasBrakes=FALSE
RollingCoefficient=0.05
MaxDeploySpeed=75.67
MaxLoadFactor=4.0
DetachNode[001]=tail_gear_door_L
DetachNode[002]=tail_gear_door_R

Edited by Coupi

I wonder what in the patch the new ai dlc needs?...mebbe they can be back modded?...to last patch level?

trying various shock entries on my 109e3 and its still jumping...cockpit view is dark....open throttles and a\c veers to left...rolls on ground 180degrees  and crashes...odd...ai is ok...but rocks slowly L to R then is ok...weird...

hmmmmm...shyte....I cant stop the 109 jumping like a fekking bronco...even auto pilot has probs...a\c turns left off runway...takes off and flies in a left hand circle...release auto pilot and a\c pulls really hard to left now..was fine before patch..

I'm just gonna come out and say it...

this last patch has seriously FUCKED hundreds, if not thousands, of man-hours of modding. It's induced serious FM issues, even on player flyables (like the Mustang), and hosed AIs made flyable

look in this thread for something NEW I found

http://combatace.com/topic/78524-march-2013-patch-issue-ww2-aircraft/?do=findComment&comment=626777

(oddly, other then exploding in the runway, the WW2 Mk9 and Mk16 Spit's decals are ok. stock ones, not so much).

yep...

just found 109e4 and 7 are ok....think i ll try theyre settings on the E3

109e3 is   pissing me off.now...its bouncing a little still...now it swings on ground around to right...slowly...then stops...thnx TK for nothing.

truth be told, it's messing more that it (seems) to fix (see stickied thread about the landing gears and such, and the thread over at the DAT site)

"just when you thought It was safe to go back to modding" (to paraphrase the "Jaws" advert...)

oh well, we adapt and evolve; we hope!

Guys, we don't need the May2013 patch in order to have the DLC 28; we only need it to get DLC 28. I just did what was to be a temporary re-install of SF2Europe, July2012 patch to see if I could find what's changed and porked everything up. I took a look at the Version .ini and this is what it said:

[Version]

BuildDate=Jun 2012

StrikeFighters2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp1=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 Exp2=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=FALSE

StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]

LastUpdateVersion=May 2013

LastDLCCount=28

[DLC]

DLCData028=TRUE

Just for the hell of it I copy/pasted the DLC 28 folder into the Jul2012 DLC folder and right now I've got DLC Starfighters in Jul2012Europe. I don't know about any one else, but I'm going back to Jul2012; with my DLC.

July patch it is then...I did say to wrench in pm...im sure we can back mod the new ai a\c

so here's the question ....

how the hell DOES one get back to the 7/12 patch after executing the 5/13??? After all, it patches ALL SF2 exes, with means ALL have to redone back to 7/12

delete EVERYTHING (backing up mods folder of course), and reinstall fresh all the game exes??

I've never understood how I read/seen people say that they one exe/mod folder at some earlier level, and others at the latest

Yeah, I'm going to completely redo my main install (delete and replace/rename all .exes.), the other part of it is, I have several ThirdWire folders where I install the .exes to; ThirdWire, ThirdWire2, ThirdWire3, etc. To install a different patch level point the installer to an unused ThirdWire folder, install the .exes, and rename them (SF2E2010, for example) before you run them so they don't overwrite anything in the SavedGames folder and then proceed as usual.

I do one install thats of the last good patch...ie 2july2012,and main installs...patched main installs...and the other is ok...so if its fucked by a patch...a la 2013 may patch...its a matter of delete it,and copy over the july2012 one :)

Wrench, its a matter of two or more TW program folders if you want patched at other levels. Did some playin with it for curiousity sake when i was fixin my wifes comp. Other wise reboot your old original files then the jul 12 patch. Cussin the whole way

I did what was posted somewhere...cant recall who...

I did fresh merged install to july2012,made new Thirdwire2 folder...copied over all the july install,used 1st install as is...patched copy to may13,copied over dlc,and added the a\c to Thirdwire2 folder\ july 12 install...and all dlc a\c (with pits) show up...no bouncing etc even on modded terrains..

it did say to rename may13 patch,run it...install,dlc and re run...but no need...it says up to date anyways..

copy and rename the .exe before you run it. Call it May13, crappy patch, you get the idea. Run the .exe and the install the DLC. Run it again and then, copy and paste the relevant DLC file from the DLC folder in the "crappy patch" install to the DLC folder in your "happy patch"

where you said ..."run it again"...I tried and it said game was up to date and didnt install again...and it worjked fine...game says july2012 on start screen

as you see dlc that ive added cockpit to shows in game ok...no mishaps in game no bounce etc...all decals show etc etc..

post-1981-0-53611000-1372026954_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-11321500-1372026961_thumb.jpg

post-1981-0-08943100-1372026970_thumb.jpg

Edited by russouk2004

Also,copied over All the files from my old install..and no problems...

Hey Russ, glad it worked for you too. The instructions were actually for a situation where you had never patched to the May2013 level, but still wanted the DLCs; you'd run the May13 .exe once so it's present on your system because the DLC installer won't run otherwise. You would then run that to install the DLC, then run the May13 .exe a second time so the DLC aircraft would appear in the mod folder. At that point you would then copy the aircraft folders to your real installs mod folder(s) and copy the DLC folder in the May13 core files to your real installs core files. You had the DLCs already because you had been patched to May2013 prior to going back. The way I laid it out is so when DLC030, 040, or 050 comes out, we can still get it without patching up our main install, no matter what it's little installer says. I really wish Wrench or someone would sticky that thread in case anyone else wants to get the DLCs without having to patch up, because IMHO, this patch sucks. I never even saw the supposed frame rate improvement, not that it would make the earthquakes, weird landing gear, jumping planes and whatever else any more palatable. Sorry, ranting again. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make use of this, and I hope others do, too.

Russ, just in case you want to try something to make the patch/DLC/update dance a little easier, take a look at this: http://combatace.com/topic/78220-jsgme-in-strikefighters2/?do=findComment&comment=627004

Well my SF2 is on hold cause the 5/13 is the only one I have, Guess I waited to long to get it.

Sorry to hear that, Raven. Maybe there'll be a patch for the patch, so to speak.