Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

MIG-23 landing gear animation issue

I found  a 2004 MIG-23 model which first had problem with bouncing on the airstrip (but no crash or explosion). I solved that finally acceptable. Looking close to the models I noticed that last two (from four) aircraft which took off had landing gear closed 90% if you know what I mean (animation was not complete, I don't know how to call it). After a few hours of searching for answers in vain, I discovered another odd thing and I am not crazy...lol.   If I look for each plane how it takes off...the animation for landing gear closing is complete for all the planes. I did that 30 times or so to check. If I am not looking ( I am just in my cocpit) and I look AFTER they all take off, at least the last two planes have that animation incomplete. The second plane (my wingman) never has this issue. How is that possible ? Is it me or ....I really don't get it why is this visual anomaly. Did anyone ever encounter something similar? How is it possible that to have those two situations ? If the animation was broken , let's say, it should have stayed that way even if I didn't attend to every take off of every plane. How does this landing gear animation actually works ? I really need help, it drives me crazy....lol

as i said , I am not crazy...if you don't believe me i can give you the files. If I look the taking off , there is not such issue, if I don't look, all the aircraft from my wingman up will have that animation problem. It can't be just a coincidence, can it ? How can this "phenomen" be possible? I've never seen such a issue in a game since the dawns of the first graphic accelerator. If you can help I would appreciate. This is the section in cause:

[NoseGear]
SystemType=LANDING_GEAR
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=5.0
AnimationID=4
DragArea=0.25
HideGearNode=TRUE
ModelNodeName=NoseGearMainStrut
InsideNodeName=NoseGearWell
ShockAnimationID=7
ShockNodeName=Object02
ShockStroke=0.25
ShockTravelAxis=Z-AXIS
SpringFactor=1.2
DampingFactor=1.20
WheelNodeName001=NoseGearLeftWheel
WheelNodeName002=NoseGearRightWheel
RotationAxis=Z-Axis
RollingRadius=0.30
CastoringWheel=TRUE
CastoringNodeName=  //Object02
Steerable=TRUE
MaxSteeringSpeed=41.15
Locking=FALSE
MaxSteeringAngle=45.0
InputName=YAW_CONTROL
ControlRate=1.0
HasBrakes=FALSE
RollingCoefficient=0.05
MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

[LeftMainGear]
SystemType=LANDING_GEAR
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=5.0
AnimationID=4
DragArea=0.50
HideGearNode=FALSE
ModelNodeName=LeftLandingGearMainActuator
ShockNodeName=LeftSecondaryLandingGearArm
InsideNodeName=LeftLandingGearBay
ShockAnimationID=5
ShockTravelAxis=Z-AXIS
ShockStroke=0.25
SpringFactor=1.0
DampingFactor=3.2
WheelNodeName=LeftLandingGearWheel
RollingRadius=0.590
CastoringWheel=FALSE
HasBrakes=TRUE
BrakingCoefficient=0.75
RollingCoefficient=0.05
MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

[RightMainGear]
SystemType=LANDING_GEAR
Retractable=TRUE
DeployTime=5.0
AnimationID=4
DragArea=0.50
HideGearNode=FALSE
ModelNodeName=RightLandingGearMainActuator01
ShockNodeName=RightSecondaryLandingGearArm01
InsideNodeName=RightLandingGearBay
ShockAnimationID=6
ShockTravelAxis=Y-AXIS
ShockStroke=0.25
SpringFactor=1.0
DampingFactor=3.2
WheelNodeName=RightLandingGearWheel
RollingRadius=0.590
CastoringWheel=FALSE
HasBrakes=TRUE
BrakingCoefficient=0.75
RollingCoefficient=0.05
MaxDeploySpeed=128.61

Edited by UllyB

Mh, seems I have missread your question, damn. Now I understand, the animation itself isnt finished in it sequence. Never saw this problem before.

Can you point me to the download link? Does the other Floggers have this issue too?

Never encountered this type of proble, missing parts, bad mapping, exploding on airstrip, but never ever this problem. Maybe a incompatible SF2 file used in SF1?

Mh, seems I have missread your question, damn. Now I understand, the animation itself isnt finished in it sequence. Never saw this problem before.

Can you point me to the download link? Does the other Floggers have this issue too?

Never encountered this type of proble, missing parts, bad mapping, exploding on airstrip, but never ever this problem. Maybe a incompatible SF2 file used in SF1?

The orther MIG-23 are ok, their animation is complete. First after integrate them into your SF1 version, check this:

Choose a flight with 4 planes at least, if it is you and your wingman the issue it won't appear. Look closely (press F6 to select that particular plane you are watching) for each plane how is taking off. You will see no issue. After that refly the mission and don't look back :), just stay in your plane's cockpit until ALL the other three planes took off. After that look to No 3 and No 4. You will see the issue.

The funny part, still unexplainable, is when you have MORE than 4 planes. Try with 8 planes and the anomaly will take new forms. The first flight will not exhibit the anomaly but the last two or three planes from the last filight will do.

The crazy part is that you can repeat this "scenario" until you don't know what your name is  and...the results will be the same which is mind blowing...lol

If you help me solve this I would be grateful.

Here's the link to the files:

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/97242077/file.html

Edited by UllyB

I forgot an aspect, it's not incompatibility at all.The model is old. No connection with SF2 series whatsoever. I barely made it not wobbling on the runaway, lol. First time when I used this exploded on the runaway beacuse of bouncing...lol...I changed some data into the gear section and it worked fine, a sort of speak...