1) how do i extract a zip file from 7-zip? im trying to extract the files of the downloaded finnish Buffalo, there are 6 objects, and there are 6 errors, 7-zip says each file can't be extracted to the B-239 folder in paint schemes where im sure the objects have to go to get the mod to work, what do i do?

2) and what programme do you guys use to make your skins?

Edited by AceWardie1993

http://www.7zip.com/

Most will use a high end graphic suite that will allow you the use of layers and various other tools. That's something I think is covered in the guides and sections here. Maybe not specifically within the IL2 section but skinning is universal for the most part once you have the right files from the whatever you're skinning. You're welcome to read some of the guides in the Strike Fighters section, for example, that will get you started.

Sorry I'm not much help, but the modders are the pros around here. I mostly keep the floor clean.

Welcome, BTW

Is there something wrong with 7-zip? Every single file of downloads i try to extract gets an error saying "can not open output file"

No, it's a very robust program. You might try removing it, and re-installing it. Otherwise I'm not sure how to advise you.

Hi AceWardie!

I vaguely recall having this problem - or at least, something very similar - a long while ago. So long ago I've forgotten what the solution was :(

I have a funny feeling it was something to do with my using Vista 64 - that the version of 7-zip I was using, only worked with 32-bit versions of Windows. I see from a quick search that there is a 64-bit version of 7-zip:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/desktop/compression_tools/7-zip_64bit.cfm

The only other thing I can think of is that if you have IL2 installed into your Program Files or Program files (x64) folders, and are using Vista or later, then the new controls which limit changes to what's in there may be blocking you. I gather that is why it is generally recommended to install IL2, and many other less recent programs, into a different location eg C:Ubisoft or something. Might also be worthwhile turning off User Account Control, if you have it running.

Good luck!