Sign in to follow this  
AceWardie1993

X-fire not working in Forgotten Battles?

On the X-fire site ive noticed a guy has taken in-game photos and videos using X-fire, and id like to do that. but i notice X-fire wont take pictures and videos for me, why could this be and how do i solve it, id like to do let's plays of Forgotten Battles and take pics of planes etc

Does your list of games in Xfire say "Il-2 Sturmovik Collection"? That covers pretty much every version of the game other than CloD. If it doesn't, you won't be able to do a thing. You need to get Xfire to recognize the game.

I'll admit it's been forever since I tried to take a pic in Il-2 with Xfire (it's been a year since I played it period). Are you using default scroll lock + s as the mapping? You didn't map scroll lock within Il-2 did you?

I'm stumped.

I'll admit it's been forever since I tried to take a pic in Il-2 with Xfire (it's been a year since I played it period). Are you using default scroll lock + s as the mapping? You didn't map scroll lock within Il-2 did you?

I'm stumped.

the screenshot button is CTRL-S, and the video button is F12, and ive made sure that neither of them do in-game things, it also wont show x-fire ingame, which shows me it isnt working, which is CTRL-X, and that dont do owt in the game either, i made sure of it

Edited by AceWardie1993

I just did a test. I can confirm Xfire 2.0 (the in-game overlay) doesn't work, although I don't know that it ever did. Not all games support it. I also didn't get any screenshots. Xfire did detect I was in the game, though, my G15 keyboard display confirmed that.

No idea what the deal is, maybe some versions of Il-2 work and others don't, or maybe it was older versions of Xfire that did.

Ok...I took a look and figured it out. Typical Xfire screwup.

The xfire_games.ini file is wrong. It's located in C:\ProgramData\Xfire (which is a hidden folder, you may need to ensure you can hidden files and folders to get in there).

Search the file and you'll find these 3 entries:

[4214_1]
LongName=IL-2 Sturmovik Collection
ShortName=il2fb
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\directory
LauncherExe=il2fb.exe
LauncherUsernameArgs=-name "%UA_GAME_HOST_USERNAME%"
LauncherNetworkArgs=%UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_USERNAME_ARGS%
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
ServerStatusType=IL2

[4214_2]
ShortName=il2fb
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\InstallPath
LauncherExe=steam.exe
DetectExe=SteamApps\common\il 2 sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% -applaunch 15320 %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
InGameRenderer[0]=OGL
InGameRenderer[1]=D3D8
InGameFlags[0]=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT1|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE
InGameFlags[1]=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT1|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE

[4214_3]
ShortName=il2fb
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Installdir
LauncherExe=il2fb.exe
LauncherUsernameArgs=-name "%UA_GAME_HOST_USERNAME%"
LauncherNetworkArgs=%UA_GAME_HOST_NAME%:%UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_USERNAME_ARGS%
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
ServerStatusType=IL2

The middle entry is for the Steam version, the other 2 are for disc-based versions, both FB and 1946. You should see instantly that the issue is the xfire 2.0 stuff is only listed for the Steam version. The solution is twofold:

Copy these lines:

InGameRenderer[0]=OGL
InGameRenderer[1]=D3D8
InGameFlags[0]=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT1|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE
InGameFlags[1]=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT1|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE

And place them at the end of the other 2 entries. I can't tell you which one because I don't know how Xfire is detecting your game. In my case, it was the first one and not the 3rd that needed those lines. Save that file, then re-run "detect games" in Xfire--important part because if you don't it won't work.

After I added those 4 lines to the first entry, when I started Il-2 I saw the Xfire window pop up in the lower right, and after I hit ScrLk+S in game I was presented with the screenshot window on exiting Il-2.