Erik

OFF Forums Closed Temporarily

The OFF Forums and Downloads are Closed for Maintenance.

Erik, here's hoping the 'maintenance' does not take too long.  

Hopefully 'closed for maintenance' doesn't actually mean permanently. This is my connection to so many good friends.

Edited by Shiloh

Erik, would $20 help speed up the maintenance?  I'd be willing to kick in to aid the budget.

I saw the forum up briefly about an hour ago. It was in the blue/white color scheme and the OFF header was gone. I was able to post then it reverted back to this state. Perhaps Erik is working on giving it a more generic look?

No this is a good thing.

The community will remain, the files will remain, but there will be some changes now that OBD is no longer part of its everyday welfare.

Simple enough, but requires some time to reorganize. 

See you on the backside.  :butcher:

Thanks for all your hard work Erik... much appreciated!

I'm thinking for the trouble and just to show you I have no hard feelings, how about we do a contest. We won't start it until the forms are back online but here's what I'm thinking.

WOFF will cost money I'm sure, dollar amount unknown.

I'm going to start a pool to which I'll pitch in three copies of WOFF for the three closest people who guess how many days it will be until WOFF is released. Starting the day we announce it and running until the official release is made. (We will announce it's opening in a new thread when the forums return to normal.) You can post your submission once and you will not be allowed to change it. Closest three to the date by days short or long will win. It's like how many jelly beans in the jar WOFF style. Good luck!

Why you're hanging around don't forget to check out our new badges. http://combatace.com/topic/78615-new-badges/

• Like 1

Adger1971 I removed your guess as it hasn't started yet. As soon as the forums return to normal I'll be making a separate thread there just for the contest. Good energy though,  :frantic:  I like it.

What a fantastic gesture sir,hoping its not to far away now,i know many of us are excited at the great things to come in WOFF

Adger1971 I removed your guess as it hasn't started yet. As soon as the forums return to normal I'll be making a separate thread there just for the contest. Good energy though,  :frantic:  I like it.

thanks Erik Yeah,got a bit forward of myself sir ha ha

Great idea Erik, except I posted at the end of last year when WOFF would be released:

WOFF_Release_Date.jpg

Can I still have a guess anyway?  :grin:

Lou

• Like 1

We wanted to be able to release months back indeed, but I guess one downside of a small team is that some family deaths, and a few serious illnesses to team members does tend to cause delay in a software release.  Anyway onwards ...

• Like 1

RAF that's some funny stuff ... but yes we'll let you have a guess.

::goes off talking to himself:: OMG he said 2013, that RAF is a funny guy. 2013 HAHAHAHAHA oh my sides hurt. 2013   :lmao:

• Like 1

We wanted to be able to release months back indeed, but I guess one downside of a small team is that some family deaths, and a few serious illnesses to team members does tend to cause delay in a software release.  Anyway onwards ...

Health and Family always come first Pol,when its ready for release i know it will be worth the wait 

Pol, you know how much I appreciate all the time and energy you and the rest of the devs have put into OFF/WOFF over the years, and I will be one of the first in line to claim the gem when you all release it.  But I also tend to find humor in most things, (myself more than anything, truth be told).  If I have hurt your feeling my apologies, it won't be the first time I've come off like an SOB when I was not intending to.  And family always comes first.

But it is funny ... a bit ...

No RAF it's funny, your humor is still in tact.  :declare:

Seems the last 12 months contained quite some bad luck for both of you, for the OBD Team as well as for Erik.

I wish you all, that this was all of the bad things to share, and that a luckier, happier time may come for you all.

Lou, no need to appologise, me thinks. It IS funny - and I bet the devs already integrated your calendar

into their time scheduling. Gives them so much more time, space and freedom!

Mmuahahahahahaaaa!!!!

PS: the OFF design is back! The link to the downloads works again!

Edited by Olham

Thanks guys, no problem Lou I wasn't referring to the calendar we saw that earlier and laughed too.  Just thought it was worth mentioning some of the crud we have been through that have not helped the situation, but we are still going. None of us are immune to the bad stuff.

Edited by Polovski

None of us are immune to the bad stuff.

...and so often do we think, everyone else is well off and easy going.

But when the clouds are passing over, then there is shadow, not sunlight.

Take care, guys - all of you!