Stephen1918

North Sea Terrain for First Eagles

I have uploaded the North Sea Terrain for First Eagles. Ojcar did a lot of work on testing and modding the terrain to make sure it will play in FE1 and FE2. Everything you need except the planes are included in the download. Ojcar's AI flyable airships are also included.

This was made so I would have a place to fly my seaplanes. It's reasonably realistic, but it isn't intended to be historical. The ships are all generic and some of the ship names are fictitious.

post-67404-0-52408800-1371154843.jpg

post-67404-0-76398200-1371154851.jpg

post-67404-0-33643400-1371154862.jpg

post-67404-0-98436600-1371154927.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

And there's the file you'll need to have FE2 water shaders working. It seems Stephen is getting old..... :blum:

Add this to your wwiNorthSea folder and overwrite when asked (only FE2 players)

wwiNorthSea_DATA.zip

Thanks for catching that ojcar. I have uploaded a new version which includes all the files (I'm pretty sure.) 

Maybe it's time for me to retire...

NO, do NOT Retire, and thank you for another great mod.

• Like 1

Having those ships is just as great as having the planes.

• Like 1

....And in the standard "two weeks", the campaign!

If you make a campaign without recon missions it will be compatible with stock FE (no need of a separate install), isn't it?

MMM... i wasn't thinking in ships... they will appear in the recon missions of the rest of the campaigns... that sucks!

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work, Stephen you are the man!!!!

Edited by Hansa

Incredible! The turret-like gun mounts give the RN destroyer a WW2 look but it still doesn't look particularly out of place and the other ships really look suitably Victorian, especially the 3-stack armoured cruiser. The ensigns are a neat touch, too. Brilliant! Now, where did I leave my life jacket?

ojcar - I'm looking forward to the campaign. You refer to the "standard two weeks"?

Hansa - It does need to be a separate install because it's really the stock FE using different ground objects, the two will get mixed up if they aren't separated.

"Standard two weeks" is an old joke that actually says "it will be done when is gets done".  

The "two weeks" is used when some one asks when a mod or patch is to be released and the answer is "two weeks" when the maker does not want to say or has no idea at the moment when it will actually be finished.