Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

SimHQ's forum software.

Has to be about the shittiest software I've ever encountered. Not only does it look like donkey balls, it has no content preview when holding the cursor over the topic title and it has no button to go directly to the last unread post.

Seriously, what kind of retard implements 1980's software like that?

I'll probably get told off now.

Well, Siggi, you can't be a revolutionary and be safe all at the same time, m8. :biggrin:

God bless you.  I'm 138% with you on this one. 

(PS, FWIW I offset all the shortcomings of SimHQ by not going there much.  "Voting with me feet" to quote an Irishman I knew once.)

Edited by Tamper

I always feel like they want your marketing footfall for the cheapest possible outlay. Seriously, I think some desperate developer somewhere is paying them to run the software.

Something I just noticed, not sure WTF, but -like you- I noticed previously that there was no way to go to the last post in a thread at SimHQ.  So you're not dreaming; it wasn't just you, it always ticked me off too.

But just now I'm looking around there, and lo-and-behold, the date/time of the last post is now a link which will take you to said last post.  Same on both RoF and OFF sub-fora.

FWIW.

That's the last post, not the first unread post (which is what I meant to say previously). :blush:

One thing I'd meant to query, but never got around to it, was the trend toward filling text areas with links to garbage ads. I expect it in Yahoo news articles, though the links usually take you to some related subject. But suddenly this is turning up everywhere. Now that I actually raise the subject, I notice that it's no longer happening here with OFF. But when it was, words like 'airplane' or 'cartridge' would be links to Univ. of Phoenix, or dating services. No relevance whatever. I've always suspected that the Internet Providers (like Charter) impose this rather than the site owner. Does anyone among us have any more information on this?

Edited by Hauksbee

I use an AddBlocker and never have such things happening.