Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

About Bearcats and Corsairs.

This is how my F8 Bearcat propeller look:

img00003-8_zpse643f73e.jpg

And this is how my Corsair look:

img00002-20_zpsffe539c4.jpg

Is possible to get the Bearcat prop look on the Corsairs? At least on the internal view (cockpit).

Also, why the Bearcat cockpit looks like it has a very dirty glass? Is possible to have a clean glass?

img00004-7_zps907fc320.jpg

And finally, this Bearcat, is carrying 2 Tiny Tims and 5 HVAR rockets, but nothing is visible under the wings, any idea of why?

img00003-8_zpse643f73e.jpg

Thanks.

you don't recall all the problems when the TMF corsairs came out???? That Russ generated a new tga for it? and that its been available in the downloads section for like 6+ months ???

look under WW2 Aircraft Skins/ US Origin/ F4U.

it should be there. I distinctly remember moving it during the rearrangement of the SF2 downloads this week

as to your weapons, have you checked the individual weapon folders, that the LOD is residing therein??

as to the glass, extract the STOCK canopy glass tga from whichever ObjectDAta cat it resides in (prolly 001.cat), drop it into the main folder, and ALL skin folders, backup the original, and rename the NEW one to match.

Edited by Wrench

In the Corsair´s DATA.ini find the [Engine] entry and replace the respective lines with this:

SpinnerNodeName=Propeller
StaticPropNodeName=blades
SlowPropNodeName=PropellerB
//FastPropNodeName=PropellerC

edit: my mistake, the prop fix is for the -1 series only.

wilches fix will work for the -4/7 series. however, to really fix it, the LOD needs MAX editing and reexportation with a new tga statement.

Thanks will try it. Thanks for the very fast response.

you can also have a look in the corsair folder, and look for a tga file called "PROP", or "propfast", or something like this, and replace it with the one from the bearcat

replacing the tga's won't do it ... spent an hour screwing around with that yesterday to try and fix Stratos' issue.

like I said, a REAL fix requires the MAX files ... which I don't know if even Otto has