Sign in to follow this  

I'd like to use the Desert Storm terrain for some post-1991 scenarios like Desert Fox, Southern Watch and ultimately OIF.

How do I change the front line to the Kuwait/Iraq border so Kuwait is now friendly territory and what else would need to be done to update the terrain for this use?

Ultimately I'm aiming to have a SF2 Persian Gulf install containing all the objects, terrains, campaigns etc to be able to fly Iran/Iraq, Desert Storm, and Operation Darius from the available mods, plus the post-1991 Iraq scenarios above, and also Gepard's Persian Gulf terrain so I can fly some 1980s scenarios like Operation Praying Mantis and some fictional US vs Iran action like The Warbirds and Sword Point and of course recreate my lost youth flying F-19 missions against the SAM sites at Bushehr!

Edited by allenjb42

Sounds like you might need to have several versions of the Iran/Iraq terrain perhaps? I don't know if you can have campaign specific files other than the nations.ini.. some terrain guru might need to answer that. Well, it will be a large ass install, that's for sure. I am planning on making the Iran/Iraq war as you might know, and also up to Op. Praying Mantis..

<cough> Iran/Iraq 2003 <cough>

I know about IR2003 and its one of my favourite terrains, but what would I need to do to make Iraq enemy territory and Iran neutral territory for the period 1991 to 2003?

just edit the targets ini, swapping out ENEMY for FRIENDLY in Iraq, all Iranian NEUTRAL, and the rest Friendly, which still leaves plenty of FREINDLY airfields in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Qatar.

About 20 minutes work

I'd recommend new planning maps, as the originals (never updated from the first IR terrain) still show Iran as FRIENDLY, but Iraq a s ENEMY. For some reason, in-game NEUTRAL nations show as RED (enemy)