Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Historic Photos restored

Recently, a company that performs high-definition restorations of old photographs, was asked by the Library of Congress to apply their magic to a collection of photos dating from the American Civil War (1860s), into the 1920s.  The resulting images are, well, astounding in their clarity.  Check them out at the following link: 

http://photosilke.blogspot.co.at/2013/03/historic-pictures-restored.html

USS Oregon in dry dock at Brooklyn Navy Yard,1898

story_010.jpg

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 1

wow, they really made an amazing job!

thanks for the share :)

Absolutely fascinating, I've never had much interest in the 19th century but these pictures really make you want to step into that world. Astounding clarity indeed!

See, this is what bugs me when people say that a movie from before 2000 or so isn't worth seeing in HD or on Bluray because "HD wasn't around then."

Photos have VERY high resolution, depending on the quality of the film, the camera that took it, and what condition it's in. If this doesn't prove that a good restoration of ANY film can make it look as good as the day it was taken, I don't know what can.

• Like 1

Whoa! Very cool!