macelena

Man of Steel

Went with my girlfriend to watch it. Frikking awesome. CGI and action look great, quite better than what you use to see today in film. I guess fans of the comics may find some issues, but all of that was for the shake of a great film. 

I loved it! He wears a Kansas Jayhawks shirt and a Kansas City Royals shirt! Ok... so I loved it for more than that. Seriously great movie, totally made Superman cool again.

Im planning on going this weekend, very much looking foward to it!

lots of negative buzz on some critics sites so I Wonder how it is? I've never been The Fan of S but I am looking forward to see it, especially after very good trailers (if trailers really matters)

I expected it to be much better than it actually was. Very good when it comes to fighting, but sometimes Jor El seems to be much more of a superhero than his son. Also,the explanation to Superman's powers doesn´t make sense (I'll stop here to avoid spoilers)

That's ok, Superman's powers NEVER made sense. The wavelength of light from a star means jack-all. You won't be denser, you won't be stronger or faster, you don't have heat vision, you sure as hell can't fly. If Krypton had been a heavy-gravity world, that might have explained a few things as far as greater strength and reduced susceptibility to cuts or stabbing, but no way bulletproof, or fire proof, or any of that.

Superman's story was always way more fantasy than SF.

I saw this with some of the other CGOs out here at the labs and not a single one of us liked it very much.  The reasons varied, but for me personally, the reason I was so frustrated with it is that it is so mediocre. Nothing stands out about it compared to other superhero movies, but it certainly wasn't bad either.   It is that which made me hate it: the fact that I couldn't dislike it for poor quality or poor acting (since the quality was good and the acting was fine), but that I couldn't like it either because it was like every other superhero and/or giant robot movie I've seen since 2005.  The CGI is, of course, top notch, but I don't really care for that because every modern blockbuster movie has excellent CGI.  There's a fight sequence in which most of a city is destroyed - been there, done that with Transformers, Avengers, every other related movie (Iron Man, Hulk, etc.), and the trend continues with the upcoming Evangelion/Big O combo movie "Pacific Rim" which has also advertised gratuitous city destruction in the previews.  It's getting old.

I don't think fans of Superman will be disappointed with this.  Like I said above, the acting was fine, the story was, well, another superhero origin story, and it is flashy with big explosions and city destruction like a comic book.  For me, I don't think I'll be checking out any more superhero movies anytime soon.

That's ok, Superman's powers NEVER made sense. The wavelength of light from a star means jack-all. You won't be denser, you won't be stronger or faster, you don't have heat vision, you sure as hell can't fly. If Krypton had been a heavy-gravity world, that might have explained a few things as far as greater strength and reduced susceptibility to cuts or stabbing, but no way bulletproof, or fire proof, or any of that.

Superman's story was always way more fantasy than SF.

Of course I know Superman has not scientific basis

What I mean with "not making sense" is: If earth enviroment is what gives Superman his powers (btw, I'd prefer the yellow sun vs red sun thing, much easier :biggrin: ), why did the other guys have super strength while they where wearing their sealed survival suits? Remember, Zod only gets super sight, super hearing, laser eyes (or whatever they are) and fliying skill after getting rid of the breathing helmet. But he has the super strength from the beginning.

There's also the problem of the time between Krypton destruction and Superman's arrival to Earth, it's never clear weather it was a sohrt time or several millenia.

I don't need a Super hero movie to be reallistic (of course) but at least, I'd like it to make some sense.

Edited by shotdown

just saw it with my friends.. didn't live to the hype, just the special effects were good

wasn't that bad as some of my friends thought it is but wasn't the greatest either